Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is wrong with my Roosters feet? (picture)

+8
coopslave
rosewood
mirycreek
CynthiaM
Schipperkesue
DoubleSSRanch
Swamp Hen
silkiebantam
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just thought I would give you all an update on Frosty.

The end of his toe (he had one end he didn't eat) dried up and came off. He as scabs on the ends and they are still swollen, but they do look better then they did before. They were all pussy, and looked infected. I soaked them in salt water, and put some polysporine, and covered them in his little socks. This way the feed had a chance to breathe. I think when I had them bandaged, it made them worse.

I think that the socks are really helping. His feet stay clean this way too, and he can't pick at his toes.

The last few weeks his color has came back in his comb and wattles, and he looks at the pens clucking away at the. Yesterday, I stuck a hen in there with him, and he was trying to mate with her. I was really worried he wouldn't have interest in hens and it would wreck him as a breeding Rooster, which would be a shame because I really like this guy. His brother still shows no interest in hens, when I penned him up with some.

Well here is the man himself, without his socks on.
What is wrong with my Roosters feet? (picture) - Page 2 424989_10150752567030884_535110883_12427237_1192153876_n

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the update silkie. Sounds like Frosty is definitely feeling better if he's willing to chase the girls. Laughing Glad to hear it.

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

aw poor guy but looks like he will cope just fine...I wanted to see the pic with his socks on! Too funny but a really good idea instead of the tight bandages!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow, I am so glad that you have stuck with this fellow, what an ordeal for you both. You will have to let us know how he makes out with his balance when he gets outside full time, I know you will be watching him. So glad that he stopped eating his feet, and you caught him doing that, otherwise he may have had nothing left, that would have been dreadful. Anyways, so nice to hear he is improving, that swelling will slowly diminish I am sure. Have a great day, CynthiaM.

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Wow, he did a number on his feet didn't he, the poor guy. Looks like you're doing a great job keeping them clean and getting them healed. Good to hear he's feeling well enough to be amorous.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum