Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show

+3
KathyS
Arcticsun
HigginsRAT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

2Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:02 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

OMG!
Im packing a lunch, a comfy chair and extra pens!

I will be there!

3Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:49 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Finally a genetics lesson I have a chance of grasping with cuddly little plush toys and everything!! cheers
And to think I've been struggling through my daughter's Biology 30 text book! study

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

4Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:35 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

5Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:09 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

6Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Sebas49

Sebas49

Tara, you are so full of it, energy that is, that you make me tired just reading your stuff. I think what you have going here is amazing and it will attract many people and children. Maybe you should have a class just for adults so that we wouldn't fight with the kids.

Keep up the good stuff and interesting stuff.

http://www.c-rducks.com

7Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:58 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

8Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Heel low:

Happy news, Mr. Bird was outfitted with a twinkle twinkle season relevant outfit, tailored special for the "Dodo Bird Boo Boo Pheno/Geno Gender" seminar... So sorry, always found it a little difficult to get all santa before December 1st, but I suppose I need to hop to it and get the seasonal greeting mood swinging!

rendeer Be alot easier to be jolly holly on the tenth, so better get set, get ready cheers ...mighta scared the ol' elfin chap eh?? Me leaping is mighty frightful. No

Been packing up the props in relevant tote bags for each segment of the seminar. Ended up I also went through the bus driver`s tickle trunk and will be bringing along some Christmas pencils and season relevant erasers for the kids that attend the seminar.

I repeat, kids, children (no, presentation of a stuffed goat, tho I have some of dem, NO, absolutely not...this will not guarantee you get a Christmas pencil & eraser Rico!) will be given a pencil and eraser. Course this now said, how big exactly is the show hall? Gulpers! LOL If ten thousand show up, I think I will be a little overwhelmed and shorted out in the supplies department...LOL Maybe better state the first 20 to 30 kids...eeep! Mobbed by a gang of kids, `Knock the ol` bag down and grab what`s left of her marbles too!` LOL. Classroom sizes sure are on the grow these days!

Another feature sure to bring out the unsettling side to the poultry fancy (self-defeating personality disorders anyone?? Question ), I am making up some sticky pins; pink bows and blue bows and will need a volunteer (or three) to poke poor defenceless plushy puppers and duck duckers with pins (needles?) during the Gender Bender segment of the seminar. Do I have a show of hands oh morbid ones...you might even get to pin yourself a few times...wah wah wah!! Y'ouch!!

Newsflash: is my St. John's ticket up to date, note to self; do bring Band-Aids and dressing (Mmmm....stuffing). So many things to find out before the show...argh! Mad

HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I suggest any that are interested, go have a gander at the chicken calculator and plug in the blue dilution genetics for breeding Like a Star @ heaven blue to Like a Star @ heaven blue... Suspect

||||||||||||||||
HELPER HINT: For both Sire and Dam, you will be wanting to make both blue unicolor - so just wild type PLUS the following changes - E/E for (extended Black) and Bl/bl+ (Blue).
||||||||||||||||

Won't really do any harm fiddling with the chicken calculator, as I am also packing along a copy of the chicken calculator outcome print off from the blue x blue mating. Heh heh heh...scares even the likes of me...all dose widdle letters scattered across the page...eeep! affraid

So that`s sorta your homework (the dawg What a Face ate it) before attending the seminar...scaring oneself...LMBO. "Ah, there there, it`ll be OK! Here`s one of those blue Band-Aids to cover the boo boo...now let`s get crackin' (a few eggs, a few knuckles, a few heads will roll) and do the blue dilution solution!"

Do the cheers wave cheers of relief, the sigh of sensibility, the laugh of accomplishment...Get me! Idea LOL

So here`s like hoping I remember to pack a pencil sharpener...otherwise those pointy scissors might HAVE to come out to stand in for the forgotten pencil sharpener...me no operate those...oh my eye! pirat

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta
- Miss yah Makes; December 7, 1995 – February 4, 2011 ^~~^

WF: DUCKS: Calls (24 varieties), East Indies, Mandarins, Crested Ducks, Australian Spotted, Hookbills, & Appleyards.
GEESE: Buff & Buff Pied American.
SWANS: Australian Black.
LF: BANTAM Brahmas, Wyandottes, Booteds, & Chanteclers & STANDARD Chanteclers (Partridge, Buff, Orange Clay, & White).
Heritage TURKEYS (Jersey Buff, Bronze, Narragansett, Slate, Red Bronze, Rusty Black, Red Blue Bronze, Lilac, & Sweetgrass).
PHEASANTS: Red Golden & Silver.
Registered: Australian Cattle Dogs, Jacob Sheep, Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats, & Llamas. Pond Fish.

9Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Really looking forward to the genetics talk! I know you are well studied in this area! Always great to learn more!

10Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

k.r.l wrote:Really looking forward to the genetics talk! I know you are well studied in this area! Always great to learn more!

Heel low:

I am glad that you are looking forward to it, me too!

Now remember the rooles, no throwing eggs at me! I suppose I can expect you to be my worst critique...and heckler... Wind up feeling like Fozzy Bear or Gonzo and his chicken chicks... bounce

Anyhoo, I am SO looking forward to stealing time to go look at the Sussex and Chantecler (Calls, bantam ducks too!) entry with you. Tee hee.

Can one have TOO much fun all on one day! No Get the mop and bucket, she's imploded! tongue

Have been watching the weather forecast with anticipation...it is looking like a mild time, wingies crossed, mild weather for the show...YAH...better than the minus thirty at the last show we were at together! Yikes! But we were THERE!

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

WF: DUCKS: Calls (24 varieties), East Indies, Mandarins, Crested Ducks, Australian Spotted, Hookbills, & Appleyards.
LF: BANTAM Brahmas, Wyandottes, Booteds, & Chanteclers & STANDARD Chanteclers (Partridge, Buff, Orange Clay, & White).
Heritage TURKEYS (Jersey Buff, Bronze, Narragansett, Slate, Red Bronze, Rusty Black, Red Blue Bronze, Lilac, & Sweetgrass).
Registered: Australian Cattle Dogs, Jacob Sheep, Nigerian Dwarf Dairy Goats, & Llamas. Pond Fish.

11Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:09 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

12Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:10 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Heel low:

So just one more sleep and the Junior Showmanship competition and genetics seminar. cheers

Had a disappointing incident this morn! I asked the person who does the announcements for the Caroline School if she would read an announcement if I wrote one out for the Provincial Poultry Show, told Yes. So I write one out this morning sitting in the bus in the bus lanes and go into the school, give them the announcement and stand to listen to it...I even put a cutie in there, "Be there or be a Punnett Square!" And nothing. It is not so much they did not read the announcement (kids on the bus know about it, older one says he will be there with a paint gun...luscious! I will be moving designer target art!) but the fact that two people lied to me. Yesterday, Yes it would be OK to do this and today, Yes it will be read. I got better things to do (probably better things to do than rant about it here too) than waste my time if people's word means nadda. All was not lost, I faxed off my announcement to the Transportation Department and at least I know THEY will put it up on the Driver's Bulletin Board...not like I am having visions of 700 birds, 1,000 pigeons and just ME there tomorrow...har har har! I guess I would just like a little more respect from people when we volunteer our services and try to build momentum about a really great event....grrrrrr!!!!! Mad

Anyway, looking ever so forward to Saturday...just packing up the props, chores tomorrow morn and away! My son is coming to get me, deliver me back to Red Deer as Rick is still working, I think he has been going for 6.5 weeks straight now without a single day off. Today he is running around getting grader fixed and oil change for his service truck...so not a day grading snow and ice, but still another day AT work. Poor dude! All work and no play makes for a rather dull life...I don't wish that on anyone! Sigh. I hope we stop getting some snow next week so he can have a REAL day off.

See ya'll tomorrow....Bocka bock bock good times! Wink

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

13Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:45 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is frustrating Tara. I have found that schools can be a little like that. Sad
You are going to have so much fun tomorrow!

14Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:That is frustrating Tara. I have found that schools can be a little like that. Sad
You are going to have so much fun tomorrow!

Heel low:

I, as a school bus driver, am suppose to be PART of that system...ah well... No

Rest assured, there will be FUN...maybe a tad bit TOO much Fun...many times, guilty of that with birds in the mix. Glad most large venues now have defibulators...LOL

Clear, pompoomp....Yeh, she was mid speech with some sorta weird bird hand puppet and fell over... Clear, pompoomp... Landed face first in the Christmas ornaments... Clear, pompoomp....Ah there we go! bounce

She should be able to drive the school bus again once her eye heals up when we remove the green and red glass...Strangest thing, she kept mumbling FTD, FTD!!!...so I guess she is expecting some sorta flower arrangements in her room at the hospital... pirat confused

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

15Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:15 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Heel low:

The critter clan (keepers of the creatures; furred, feathered, fibered, scaled and such) are often people that by our very ingrained natures, prefer the company of animals over our own kind...our own kind that is unless they are fellow critter keepers and we can chat it up about shop talk; price of corn, next season's weather, how the babies from last year are growing out. You know, the real stuff that matters in our lives--besides our friends and family. Very Happy

In the mail today, a simple envelope. My 1st day back to work after the holiday season--one does kinda get use to no interuption in their afternoons--I will indeed be watching the clock so I don't work past when duty calls later this p.m.! Laughing

The envelope contained a card that reads:

Saying "Thank you" seems like such a mundane, ordinary way to express my gratitude.

And inside, a personal note from Liz Munro, and this too perfect, so pinch me image....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Where Liz EVER found a card like this, it is simply amazing...that she had the fortitude to send one to me, a feel good smiley that will make me breeze thru this next work week...beaming a high on life grin...the best kind of all. Twisted Evil

Thank you to the gentlemen and ladies in charge of the December Red Deer show (especially to the ladies of the "three old hens" production crew). Class act, class act. BRAVO!!!

I expect no end to the raised hands for volunteering at your next endeavours...simply wonderful style! cheers

And thank you for the thank you card...there was no need, I found enough thank you's in seeing that young lady Amy, grasp and grab the blue dilution solution and fly with it. Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven All those junior showpersons and their wonderfully trained birds (every single bird moved Chicken down that table and back--obviously cherished and time invested benefactors)...time well spent IMO for both the bird, the youth, the audience in attendance and myself. Impressive showing, impressive destinies, impressive futures in exhibition poultry. Turkey

And, "Why yes Liz, so like who would NOT appreciate a thank you chicken!" Too perfect... Suspect

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

Heritage TURKEYS (Jersey Buff, Wishard Bronze, Narragansett, Slate, Red Bronze, Rusty Black, Red Blue Bronze, Lilac, & Sweetgrass).

16Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show  Empty Re: Red Deer Dec 10 2011 Show Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:07 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That is a nice card, don't see much chicken stuff around, she must have dug deep to find that one. LOL

I think your seminar was well accepted of the junior class, I tried to watch for a bit but got dragged away, but Amy described most of what she remembered to me, she was quite thrilled she understood "adult stuff". lol!

Thank you for taking the time to do this for the kids, I know my girls appreciated it and look forward to doing it all again.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum