Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Water Softener, need help choosing.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Water Softener, need help choosing. Empty Water Softener, need help choosing. Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have to buy a water softener. Price is a huge limiting factor, but I dont want to get something I need to replace next year, that doesnt do the job or that is too small. I have tied googling and reading up and doing comparisons. I cant really make heads or tails of it all. They guy at sears doesnt know anything either. There is a huge price variation.

Does anyone know anything about these units?
Here are the three Im looking at, which should I get?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or

or

2Water Softener, need help choosing. Empty Re: Water Softener, need help choosing. Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry, I can't help but laugh, it reminds me of the trouble I've had trying to understand chicknry. Could take years before you learn enough to make a wise purchase and in the meantime..spend more, try different types, replace regularly, and hope one does what it's supposed to...(chuckles)

3Water Softener, need help choosing. Empty Re: Water Softener, need help choosing. Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Arctic the best thing to do is call a water place, like Culligan, generally they will give you good advise on what to look for, weather you buy from them or not.
The best place to start is a sampling of your water, get the information on what you need to get out and how hard your water is, then work from there.
We are working on a softener system right now as well, since ours has kicked the bucket. Our new water has iron and is hard, so we are getting a system that first takes out the iron, then goes into the softener and softens the water. We were advised that this was the best route, although a softener will also take out mild iron it has to work harder and therefore uses more salt, so the 2 seperate systems is going to save us in the long run.
Then you have to look at your softener, you want one large enough to meet your hardness demands. Ths is where I dont completely understand what they mean, hubby's department.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum