Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Thompson Fair

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1North Thompson Fair Empty North Thompson Fair Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had the pleasure of judging the North Thompson Fair Poultry show today. The show Champion was a very nice black Old English Game -hen. Lovely little bird with great type in excellent condition. Quite a few Waterfowl entered of good quality which was nice to see whiched included a really nice Pekin drake which had great size as well as some fairly good geese in Sebs., and brown chinese.

In the poultry the overall quality of the birds could have been better, with at least 3 that had scaley leg mites, which is easily cured with ivomec and of course many birds in major molt due to the time of year, but it was great people took the time to enter their birds. This time of year it is hard to find adult birds in good condition. There was a couple nice large fowl Wellsummers and in the juniors section there are some really nice up coming large fowl Cochins young birds and one of them was my choice for reserve champion poultry.

I was surpised at the size of this fair as to the number of people attending. We arrived at 10.30am and already parking was hard to find, by 12:30pm there were long line ups to get in and a very very long line up of cars waiting to park. Anyway I am sure a good time will be had by all.

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:46 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks, Heather, for judging at the North Thompson Fall Fair. Your work today was really appreciated and valued.

We showed 10 large fowl poultry at the fair including the Light Brahma, the Wyandottes and the Black Cochins. The Cochins are the project of the children here. Winnings and sales goes into their 4H fund for a time when they are a bit older. We had a hard time selecting entries for this fair as spring arrived very late and the various breeds did not get separated until late in the spring. The poultry hatched this year are too young and the ones from last year are moulting or just not in condition.

Thanks from the 7 of us here.

3North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:47 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heather, so nice that you are able to go out and about to do judging, I think that is a very great thing to do.

It must be the late summer that came. Some of my birds are looking pretty shabby too, but so nice that there was a lot of individuals there, good. Have a wonderful and great day, CynthiaM.

4North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:29 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

These local fairs add a lot to the various communities and it always makes me happy to see that people take the time to enter their animals, baking, produce, art, flowers and handicrafts.

Viczoe, you showing up to judge makes it worthwhile for people and even if they don't win a prize, feedback from you is always a learning experience that most are grateful to have! Thanks for doing this for people.

5North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:32 am

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I wish I could have been there!
If you have any more photos we would all love to see!

6North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:06 am

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'll take some photos tomorrow as we're off to Sun Peaks for the farmers, market today.

7North Thompson Fair Empty Re: North Thompson Fair Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I took a few pictures, but they are not good. Maybe somebody with a good camera took some and could post them here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum