Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Thompson Fall Fair Spring Sale April 211st

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The following was taken from the North Thompson Star Journal. In previous years they have held an auction which I was planning on attending this year. Due to the change in format I may not attend as the I have only one rooster which does not make money sense to rent a table to sell a $20 rooster at a table rental of $10.

<BLOCKQUOTE minmax_bound="true">

The North Thompson Fall Fair grounds will be a busy place this spring on Saturday, April 21, when three separate events will take place offering a wide variety of merchandise and small animals for purchase to valley residents.

The North Thompson Fall Fair and Rodeo Association will be hosting a Small Livestock and Agricultural Equipment Flea Market that day from, 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the sheep barn that is situated directly behind (to the east) the curling rink.

The flea market will be open to all kinds of poultry, caged birds, sheep, goats, and even dogs, and cats. Small agricultural items are also welcomed. Cost for sellers is $10 per pen with tables if needed. There will also be a large bulletin board where sellers can place a poster with information and pictures offering any large animals they may want to offer for sale. Cost to place on the bulletin board is $2.50 per ad. Vendors are asked to bring their own boxes for the small livestock they sell, and to be prepared to stay with their animals throughout the event. A concession will be available next to the barn.

Organizers note the small animal flea market is replacing the Small Animal Auction fundraiser that has been held on the fairgrounds in past years. This is due to the fact that the auction event “proved to be too work intensive for very little profit”. However, the association says they feel the small animal flea market will provide a venue for small livestock owners to still be able to market their animals in the spring to the public, but with less overhead to the association. They do stress however that the flea market, “Is not an auction!” For information call Kelly or Clayton Searle at 250-672-9683.

The Barriere and District Curling Club will be hosting their annual Spring Craft Sale and Flea Market in the Curling Rink as well this day, and it will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations to the Curling Club table will also be gladly accepted. To book a table please call Jane Milburn at 250-672-9391.

Also, on the fairgrounds this day will be the Barriere and District Riding Club’s Open Tack Sale. Anyone interested in a $10 table to market horse tack or equipment are encouraged to contact Kate at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

</BLOCKQUOTE>

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

<BLOCKQUOTE minmax_bound="true">

I tried to edit this out of the original at which point the whole post and title disappeared. This is the second attempt.

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hummm I would be interested but its conflicting with another date. Have to think about it.....

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Anybody from the forum coming tomorrow? I will have a Buff Brahma rooster and 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Also several dozen regular farm eggs.

I have to work tomorrow. Sad I know I wanted to come last year too. Maybe lucky '13.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum