Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

September Already

+7
Blue Hill Farm
chickeesmom
silkiebantam
KathyS
coopslave
Bowker Acres
toybarons
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1September Already Empty September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:39 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is it just me or did this summer seem to fly by?

Maybe it's because it seemed to rain through June/July and it wasn't till the tail end of August that we had summer like weather.

Normally it doesn't bother me. I'm not a hot weather, has to be 30C everyday of summer kind of gal. I just noticed that I actually feel a bit sad that it's the September 1 and summer is nearly done.

Anyone else feeling similarly?

2September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:45 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yup, I am very sad to see summer gone. Last winter was so long. Spring was good, I got a lot done, but harvest has come way to quick, an I don't know what happened to summer. My oldest daughter had her first day of kindergarten today. How time flies. DH and the kids like winter because they like the winter sports, but I hate it. I hate being cold. Some day I will be a snow bird, but until then, I need to find a new way to deal with winter.

3September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:48 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

What summer?

4September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:57 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was one of those winter lovers too. The cold never bothered me before. I can't say that now. Winter REALLY got to me. It wasn't just worrying about how my birds were coping through those extra cold days. They are tougher than me. *lol*

It just seemed that the cold was just bothering me. Even with that good old layer of thermo one.

5September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:21 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am hoping for a long fall with lots of warm weather still to come. My barn renovation project did not get off the ground this summer like I'd hoped. Crying or Very sad
The guy we'd talked to about putting metal on the roof and sides of the barn did not manage to fit me in to his busy schedule. So now I've got another builder trying to work it in during the next few weeks, and meanwhile the pile of metal roofing/siding sits in the middle of my yard with the grass growing up around it. *sigh*

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

6September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:04 pm

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

coopslave wrote:What summer?

I agree! That's how everyone around here thinks it rained and was cool the entire summer. Yesterday we finally had blue skies, but by this morning it was back to rain, wind and even a few leaves hitting the window. I already feel like winterizing the yard, and it's only Sept 1 !!!

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

7September Already Empty Re: September Already Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:41 pm

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Driving into Lacombe today there is a huge row of big trees, yikes, they were turning yellow already. It was only 4 here this morning and there was frost on the garage roof, haven't checked the garden yet. ugh

8September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, it definitely flew by. I miss summer (and the heat) already. Sad

9September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Flicker Chick wrote:No, it definitely flew by. I miss summer (and the heat) already. Sad

sigh.....me to FC. We haven't even gotten fire wood yet. We kept saying we were going to get it done early this year, before everyone goes out and gets to good, close to the road stuff. Oh well, more work again. sigh....

10September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 am

I put a blanket on one of my horses last night for the first time. They're getting all velvety. That's a sign of Fall to me. My one arthritic guy doesn't get around as much anymore so he lost a lot of muscle tone, so I want to make sure he's warm enough.

Our summer was really short here too, where we're reknowned for beautiful hot weather. Spring was long and wet, and it's only in the last 2 weeks or so that my place has really browned up from the heat and dryness. It's unbelievable. I'm not a big hot-weather person either, so I am really hoping this temperature stays for a good while, but I do feel for all of you who didn't even get what we did.

I guess we just need to make the best of it. Smile

11September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:26 pm

gubi

We have 30 degrees right now with a humidex of 41 celsius here in southwestern Ontario. I for one would prefer about 5 degrees cooler. Summer took a long time getting here but when it finally did show up it was hot and humid!

12September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

toybarons wrote:Is it just me or did this summer seem to fly by?

Around here, summer mosquitoed by.

13September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:43 pm

Carol D

Looks like it will be in the minuses here tonight. Sad We just had a small hail storm and there are still dark clouds up there. Summers are waaaay too short!

14September Already Empty Re: September Already Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

We had the last of the snow go mid june! We found frozen areas under things at the beginning of July. We had ICE and serious frost Sept first. What The Hay?????!!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum