Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chanteclers - Okanagan BC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chanteclers - Okanagan BC Empty Chanteclers - Okanagan BC Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:09 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a trio of Partridge Chanteclers for sale - $60.
The pullets hatched March 19th and I believe they are from Dan Smith eggs (I bought them as day olds).
Cockerel is from Skeffling Lavender Farm eggs (Ontario). He is about 3 weeks younger.
This would be a nice unrelated trio to start with. All three are healthy and well grown.

White Chantecler cockerels, hatched March 19th. These were bought as day olds as well. I actually really like these boys and would like to keep them. If I had room for everything over the winter I would be keeping at least one of them.

One has bent toes, they appear to me to be incubator toes as he is well grown, has a good comb and looks to be decent quality, but because of the toes he is $5.

Another has a comb that is not as nice, but again nice enough type - $5.

The last is a lovely bird and one I would have kept for breeding - $10.
I may be convinced to offer this boy with a pullet but the cost would then be $35.

I will try to post some pictures of them for you. I am happy to meet in Kelowna as I go there weekly, or I do go to Osoyoos once in a while. I am actually going to be in Osoyoos on Tuesday if that suits anyone.

I really would like to keep all these birds and grow them out a bit more, but I am already thinking ahead a bit and someone put more eggs in the incubator after swearing the last hatch was done a month ago. Oh, wait, that was me that did that! Embarassed
Time to start building some more buildings!

2Chanteclers - Okanagan BC Empty Re: Chanteclers - Okanagan BC Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:31 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here they are, not the greatest pictures, but you get the idea.

Partridge Chanteclers
One pullet:
Chanteclers - Okanagan BC 100_3036

Both:
Chanteclers - Okanagan BC 100_3041

One of the cockerels, there are 3 in the pen:
Chanteclers - Okanagan BC 100_3045

White Chanteclers
Crooked toes:
Chanteclers - Okanagan BC 100_3046

Bad comb (not real bad, just not as good as the others):
Chanteclers - Okanagan BC 100_3049

I didn`t get a good shot of the other, but he is similar with straight toes and better comb. Very Happy
If you have any questions feel free to ask. I could try for some better shots if you would like me to.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum