Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back online...thank god!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back online...thank god! Empty Back online...thank god! Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

That was the longest 3 wks ever! Glad to be back and catch up with you all. Thankfully we didn't have any bird crisis that we'd need help with! In fact they're all doing quite well.

We now have all our ducks integrated. Of the babies hatched this year (7), I had only 1 drake (australian spotted)! He and one other were sold to a new home. The Saxony and 2 spotteds from Hidden River are, in my mind, turning out beautifully.

Jayme we got bluehead and silverhead drakes and a female saxony. Not sure what the sussex is yet but it's sure attached to its buddies and lives with the ducks. They are Susie (saxony), stirling and stanley, oh, and squeaky the chicken because she gets upset when the sun goes down.

We also acquired a very nice young saxony drake from omega blue farms, "Otto". He's going to turn out very nice I think. Everyone seems to be molting though. We have 12 ducks total, that's good for me.

As much as we love our australorps and have worked hard to get a quality breeding flock....I'm not sure how long we'll stay into it.

My maternity leave is up and I've been laid off work. Hubby has worked 140 hrs in the last 2 wks to try and pull in extra $$. I've put feelers out there for leasing the horses for a time but that does not seem to be the thing to do right now. Hopefully I'll find work and all will be well, but that means commuting again as there is no work in my field in my town, so I'll possibly have to commute with a one year old. sound like fun?

Anyhoo, off to catch up!

2Back online...thank god! Empty Re: Back online...thank god! Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Glad you're back Smile. Sounds like there has been lots to keep you busy!

3Back online...thank god! Empty Re: Back online...thank god! Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:45 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Welcome back Giddyup. Smile I had wondered where you were. Sounds like you have your hands full and then some. Bummer about being laid off. I hope you can find something else close to home so your commute is nice and short. I remember when hubby was working on the Timmies in Duncan and had to drive there from Lantzville (where we lived) every day. Not fun. Anyway, good luck job hunting. I'm rooting for ya! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum