Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free

+4
Byrni74
coopslave
k.r.l
viczoe
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well, after I put the waterfowl back together after breeding my sneaky old Cayuga duck made a nest and I didn't have the heart to take her eggs. She has hatched out 7 of various cute colors. Free to a good home. Pick-up at the farm only in a couple of weeks

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

2Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Re: Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:04 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

hope they find a new home. I bet they are cute.

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

They are cute and we always incubate and always try to collect eggs in my waterfowl everyday just to prevent something like this. But there she was and I just didn't have the heart to remove them as she had picked a spot where nothing could get the eggs, so here I am with these little duckling which are super cute and oh so hardy and she is the best mother as well as the other older ducks all watching over them. Anyway I hope they find a home as really my mission is to promote purebred poultry, but I have a tender heart.

Heather

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well Heather, if I was 'allowed' to have ducks I would take some. (when the word ducks is brought up there is always something mumbled about Old MacDonalds farm, like not having ducks makes a difference!) I have always wanted a few and I believer runner crosses make great ducks for training working pups on. Oh well, I can keep dreaming of ducks. Rolling Eyes
I would love to see pictures of them though. Very Happy

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Coopslave- my husaband has given up and joined me. He even is having his very own pigeon loft built starting next week and has gotten his first pigeons. We don't have Old Mcdonalds farm here but we have lots of things on the wing. I will try and take a picture today.

Heather

Byrni74

New Here

Don't suppose you know anyone from that area headed toward Edson! I would love to take the ducklings!

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Aww so nice that you have a tender heart! I bet they are adorable and momma duck is probably very proud of her babies. My momma cayuga (oldest hen from you) has 3 new ducklings under her as of this morning!!! I'm so excited 8 more eggs to go but I'm so happy she has 3 so far Smile Poppa cayuga is sticking pretty close to her although I have her locked in as it seems someone stole one of her eggs early and I lost the duckling 2 days before hatching, so sad. Thanx so much for your help and I'm certain your ducklings will find a home that will enjoy them (I'd take them if I were closer hehe). So much rain here lately that the ducks are just in heaven and since he flock has grown they're getting braver and heading out into the back pasture too so putting on miles quacking and playing in the muck Smile

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sorry don't know anyone going that way but if you find someone let me know.

Heather

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Heather, I have a cayuga crossed with a black runner... the two ducklings are chocolate brown. I found a home for them just outside Kamloops.

And yesterday I found a blue runner sitting on eggs... more than likely crossed with the buff duck... geez, sneaky.

Oh, also found, way out in the pasture, in a huge thicket of Russian thistle (was cutting it down) a nest of 26 guinea eggs.

Ahhhh. Birds.

10Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Re: Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

With all the crazy rain storms in our area this year, I was thinking maybe we all need a few ducks. My chickens aren't really enjoying thier muddy runs, but I figured this weather wouldn't bother ducks at all. And maybe watching them play and splash and enjoying the wet weather would lift my spirits on those rainy, cloudy days. sunny

Aw, but then I regained my common sense and reminded myself I have no more room for chickens or ducks! Crying or Very sad

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

11Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Re: Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:20 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Embarassed Please forgive me if this is a silly question but I have never owned ducks and always wanted some. . .can ducks be housed with chickens or are they too messy? What do you need special for these breed(s) of ducks? Could I just use a kiddie pool for their water?

Shhh! Don't tell my husband I'm asking about ducks!

12Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Re: Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:29 pm

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Harrop's Hens, I don't belive in housings ducks with poultry as the ducks are entirely to messy with the water and it starts too high a humidity in the coops and the poultry will start having respitory problems. They should have their own place and a kiddy pool or those black rubber lower tubs are just great for them. They are great but do like to throw the water around.

Heather

13Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Empty Re: Cayuga X Indian Runner Ducklings- Free Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:04 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Thank you Heather. That's what I was wondering. I'll wait until the duck house is built. I would love to see some pictures of the little ducklings. I bet they are super cute!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum