Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

now what gives?

+14
islandgal99
ipf
Karaandblue
appway
lady leghorn
Magdelan
Pollywog
KathyS
heda gobbler
authenticfarm
Fowler
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
bigrock
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Enough I am not going to turn WCPS into your soap box Have fun

27now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

appway wrote:Is that why when I called the Vet they said they had not received a phone call from anyone on it besides me and when I posted that that is when all beings said dissapeared and that there and been nothing reported But anyway I will not run and delete my self from a group

Actually, Joe, I deleted the thread because it was making YOU look like a fool and a jerk. You're welcome for that, by the way.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

28now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:58 am

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

I dont think Hidden's intention is to close down this forum. I dont think Authentic's intention is to replace the forum.

Hidden - you are doing a great job. We all appreciate this forum. Someone above said ' if you dont like the topic dont read or comment on it' - I do it ALL THE TIME!

Authentic - great idea on the list on FB - not everyone is on FB but at least we can keep in touch with those that are in case something crazy and unexpected does happen to the forum.

If you are blocked by Authentic on FB appway, perhaps send her a message to discuss rather than airing your dirty laundry on the forum, something which I do believe started this post in the first place!

I agree with Lady Leghorn - this is fun. I try to state my opinions on some stuff - noone has to agree with me, it is simply an opinion.

What this type of communication lacks is expression. The intent isnt nessessarily what you read it to be. I see it all the time at work - email comes across as 'malicious' or 'mean' when truly there is no malicious or mean intent to it at all. I hope we can all get along, have fun, share some good times, share some not so good times, share info and of course pictures.

Thanks again to Hidden for her work to have this forum run as smoothly as it does - you rock!

29now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:59 am

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So glad to hear it's only a list of names. Seems like so much is going to facebook. Glad to hear selling, gardening, recipes etc. won't be missed.  cheers 

30now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:00 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the Name Calling it has been copied and forwarded to The owner of the Group I guess Name calling is allowed now

31now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

lady leghorn, facebook has great gardening and recipes as well. Have you checked out the website, Pinterest, at all? There is SO MUCH on there for gardening, cooking, crafts, etc. You should check it out!

32now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:01 pm

ipf

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I respectfully ask: please, stop, both of you.
Most of us have no idea what you're talking about. I, for one, don't really want to. This sounds like exactly the sort of thing HR is trying to prevent; don't make it worse and convince her to shut the site down.

33now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 pm

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Last edited by Karaandblue on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total

34now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:02 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

appway wrote:Thanks for the Name Calling it has been copied and forwarded to The owner of the Group I guess Name calling is allowed now

I didn't say you were a fool and a jerk. I said you were making yourself LOOK like a fool and a jerk.

I figured you have enough issues in your life that you don't need to have strangers thinking badly of you because you had one bad day. 

So you're welcome.

35now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:03 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

ipf wrote:I respectfully ask: please, stop, both of you.
Most of us have no idea what you're talking about. I, for one, don't really want to. This sounds like exactly the sort of thing HR is trying to prevent; don't make it worse and convince her to shut the site down.

Smile

36now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:05 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

IPF I will say sorry to you and the Other Members
But I just want to say I have no Issues in my life
and again Sorry to the Members of the group for the Bickering
Joe

37now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:07 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My two cents, hope I don't get banned for it...and I really don't know what the most recent events are about, the discussions must have been in posts that I was not following or that were deleted...this is purely a general observation on things I've seen in the past, not necessarily the recent past, but events that shaped my opinion.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I would guess that maybe 1/2 of the people  on here are on ACE also.  And I find that the two forums brings out different personalities by the same one person - it's almost like it encourages multiple personalities in people.  People tend to be a little nicer and more polite on ACE, and although over here the conversations are more intense, I think that intensity and freedom means that the line is crossed more often into something to which others take offense.  I have seen cross posts where that has happened for sure - the nice answer on ACE and the full out assault over here.  Why?  I guess because people can?  It baffles me that people exhibit different online personalities - I'm not talking about different user names - I have different user names on different forums, didn't occur to me to use the same one till I saw others doing that!! Because of where discussions can go, I go to the other sites I'm on to ask questions and opinions, I rarely post things here anymore, and I only ask questions and engage in conversations here when it really matters, or where it is fun, or I need an answer I couldn't find elsewhere.  I stay here to keep connections to the amazing people, find out who has what for sale, seek out specific breeds/lines and join in on the odd conversation.   Over here, if I had a dime for the amount of times I typed out a response, and then just hit delete I would have a pocket full of change. And more often than not, I will search up someone I believe to be knowledgeable in what information I am seeking, or a previous connection made, and ask them the question in an email or PM, rather than post on open forum.  It reduces the sharing of the information, but also reduces the stress and I'm all about less stress.  

I find there is some great history for answers to questions here, and great people here.  I find that on WCPS, the discussions tends to escalate and feelings get hurt.  And I'm sure nobody means to hurt others, but often words and intent are lost when translated to a computer screen without gestures and faces.  I am guilty of that also, both the interpreting and the message.

I'm sure others will disagree with my take on it all, but as a frequent visitor, that's just what I tend to see and how I interpret it.  My humble opinion.

***edit - while I was typing an entire page of posting occured, and this post in no way was speaking about the active conversation that is underway - it is purely a general and non-specific reply to the original post that started this thread***

Last edited by islandgal99 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

38now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:10 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

islandgal99 wrote:My two cents, hope I don't get banned for it...and I really don't know what the most recent events are about, the discussions must have been in posts that I was not following or that were deleted...this is purely a general observation on things I've seen in the past, not necessarily the recent past, but events that shaped my opinion.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I would guess that maybe 1/2 of the people  on here are on ACE also.  And I find that the two forums brings out different personalities by the same one person - it's almost like it encourages multiple personalities in people.  People tend to be a little nicer and more polite on ACE, and although over here the conversations are more intense, I think that intensity and freedom means that the line is crossed more often into something to which others take offense.  I have seen cross posts where that has happened for sure - the nice answer on ACE and the full out assault over here.  Why?  I guess because people can?  It baffles me that people exhibit different online personalities - I'm not talking about different user names - I have different user names on different forums, didn't occur to me to use the same one till I saw others doing that!! Because of where discussions can go, I go to the other sites I'm on to ask questions and opinions, I rarely post things here anymore, and I only ask questions and engage in conversations here when it really matters, or where it is fun, or I need an answer I couldn't find elsewhere.  I stay here to keep connections to the amazing people, find out who has what for sale, seek out specific breeds/lines and join in on the odd conversation.   Over here, if I had a dime for the amount of times I typed out a response, and then just hit delete I would have a pocket full of change. And more often than not, I will search up someone I believe to be knowledgeable in what information I am seeking, or a previous connection made, and ask them the question in an email or PM, rather than post on open forum.  It reduces the sharing of the information, but also reduces the stress and I'm all about less stress.  

I find there is some great history for answers to questions here, and great people here.  I find that on WCPS, the discussions tends to escalate and feelings get hurt.  And I'm sure nobody means to hurt others, but often words and intent are lost when translated to a computer screen without gestures and faces.  I am guilty of that also, both the interpreting and the message.

I'm sure others will disagree with my take on it all, but as a frequent visitor, that's just what I tend to see and how I interpret it.  My humble opinion.

I think this is a valid discussion - I have noticed the same. 

Me, I am the same online and in person. I just don't care to be fake. I never lie, anywhere or to anyone, because it takes too much effort to remember a lie, and I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.

39now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm......Haven't been in pinterest, sounds interesting.

By the way everyone, isn't there a full moon coming up? Things can tend to get a little zooey.  Wink 

40now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

It is funny you say what you do Islandgal because I created this forum because of the BS that was happening on ACE, people were pleasant here and not there. They are very active in their moderation there, you step over the line you hear about it, and here not so much. I guess it goes to show you that some people take advantage of little moderation, but then now there is this huge discussion because I did choose to moderate and remove a member I felt was causing stress to member and provoking volatile conversations.
Authentic and appway I got both of your PM's and I will respond, but please keep this facebook site separate than here, I asked that to begin with hoping it could be done, but now seeing maybe it cannot. I did not make the facebook site, I do not endorse it, and I do not care to moderate it!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

41now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:25 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

lady leghorn wrote:authenticfarm......Haven't been in pinterest, sounds interesting.

By the way everyone, isn't there a full moon coming up?   Things can tend to get a little zooey.   Wink 

Check it out! pinterest.com 

I describe it to people as being like my fridge or bulletin board, except online. I have recipes and all kinds of interesting bits and pieces stuck on there for future reference.

42now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sounds interesting, I will have a look. Thanks so much. Smile

43now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:27 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree it is a Good site for Crafts and for recipes

44now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:35 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

lady leghorn wrote:Sounds interesting, I will have a look.   Thanks so much.  Smile

There are a lot of chickeny and homesteading-type things on there as well.

There's a man version as well, called Manterest, for all the husbands who complain about their wives spending too much time on Pinterest. lol Pinterest will suck you in to start with!

There are lots of great teaching resources, too, for educators and homeschoolers.

45now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I look for building ideas on Pinterest. you find pictures that won't come up on Google. Rustic furniture, coops, duck pens... oh yeah, I'm addicted...

46now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:37 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:I look for building ideas on Pinterest.  you find pictures that won't come up on Google.  Rustic furniture, coops, duck pens... oh yeah, I'm addicted...

Will you share your Pinterest name with me? Now I wanna see what you have pinned!

47now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:46 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler wrote:I look for building ideas on Pinterest.  you find pictures that won't come up on Google.  Rustic furniture, coops, duck pens... oh yeah, I'm addicted...

Me too...I love it for building ideas....it's time well wasted!!!

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

48now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thank you....wow  had no idea..now getting an inkling.
Hidden-let me know if you want a break-perhaps we can share the task of moderation...?  just a thought

Great discussions...lots of ideas, and thoughts out there.
Lets keep it clean everyone!

49now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

2 words to live by Wheaton's Law. Live by it and the world will be a better place. Now chill and pin stuff on pinterest. It is awesome and has lots of memes and recipes and diy's.

50now what gives? - Page 2 Empty Re: now what gives? Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:00 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pollywog wrote:Wheaton's Law.
had to look it up...good one! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum