Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Knitting Humour

+5
islandgal99
uno
authenticfarm
Magdelan
Fowler
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Knitting Humour Empty Knitting Humour Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:37 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Fowler that's funny. do you knit?

3Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:39 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wifey does. Pretty sure there are some knitters on here.

4Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I know that Authentic knits. I knit but not very complicated things. I spin too, it is kind of a therapy - soothes my wired mind out some times, if I'm wired then I spin wire so if I really want to spin a soft yarn I have to get present and focus because it is multi tasking (hands and feet working two different tasks). My Mum is a fantastic knitter, she could knit anything I think :-). As a kid I totally had to wait in the car while my Mum spent what seemed like the entire holiday in the city inside the knitting/wool shop. Insanely frustrating but guess I learned a little bit of patience. silver lining to that cloud. now I understand the love for flipping through knitting patterns (second hand shop is a good place for that), so see both sides of your cartoon :-).

5Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:24 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pollywog is quite the knitter and crocheter. I mostly make ugly scarves.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

6Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:13 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

authenticfarm wrote:Pollywog is quite the knitter and crocheter. I mostly make ugly scarves.

careful Authentic, we'll be talking about ugly scarves like we did ugly sweaters  Razz .  Actually, I really enjoyed that post.  And even though it was not displayed for full viewing benefit, obscuring your entire face apart from your eyes, your scarf looked nice!   Really warm.  Isn't Pollywog's avatar a dog wearing a knitted outfit?  going to have to check that now .

whoops! nope. it is now the Queen with quite the grimace expression.

Last edited by Magdelan on Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not a knitted dog outfit)

7Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:26 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

My mother in law is a spinner. Taught me how to spin. Sort of.

I had a very hairy dog. A bearded collie. I saved her hair from when I groomed her. I gave it to MIL to spin. It spun up into lovely yarn. I made a little loom and wove some dog hair placemats.

Placemats. To eat off of. Made of dog hair. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I threw them out. They smelled like a dog.

8Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I heard that there is nothing you can do to get the dog smell out, if it gets wet then it will always smell like dog. Can't speak from personal experience on that but it makes sense to me. Also heard it can be soft soft soft but the idea of wet dog just does not make me think I want to wear it. shame.

weaving is fun. I made some really nice big floor mats on a huge loom. again, nothing complicated - the most basic weaving ever but really hard wearing rugs and good way to use up yarn that insists on filling up all the corners in a house. I bet your MIL has bags of wool and stash all through her house, it is a seriously disciplined crafts person who can keep the stash to just one craft room. Oh that's right, you are a quilter! I dare say you understand this phenomenon inside and out. wool - fabric . . . same kind of thing perhaps.

this is me supposedly asleep. ya right! early night smearly night.

9Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:31 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

uno wrote:My mother in law is a spinner. Taught me how to spin. Sort of.

I had a very hairy dog. A bearded collie. I saved her hair from when I groomed her. I gave it to MIL to spin. It spun up into lovely yarn. I made a little loom and wove some dog hair placemats.

Placemats. To eat off of. Made of dog hair. It was one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I threw them out. They smelled like a dog.

Oh my gosh I can't stop laughing...sorry, that is really funny!  I have a long-coated black German Shepherd, was thinking of doing something with her fur but garden mulch and birds nests it will be after reading this.  

I have a carding machine (never used it, not sure how to, but it comes with the farm), I want to learn to spin, I have knitted a scarf and a leg-warmer (back when they were popular, never made the second one as they were already out of style) and used to crochet afgans.  I will need to take those all up again.  I really wish I could have bought my Grandma's spinning wheels - I didn't know that the uncle had a big auction of her stuff when she passed, that would have been such an honor to have a spinning wheel.  I have to find a spinning wheel.  And a loom.  And.. And....I foresee more arts and crafts in my future. 

And sweet bonus, the lady I'm buying the farm from left me 8 big bags of good alpaca wool - it needs to be processed into yarn, but what fun!!!  I can take it with me when I have my sheeps wool done in the spring.

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

10Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:52 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, you have made a whole family in Ontario roll on the floor laughing. This is a group that has been listening to Rob Ford for two days telling us not to panic in the ice storm and that we are not in a stature of emergency.

I have some wool from Schipperkes all spun and ready to go. It does not smell like dog. However, Schip fur is nothing like the fur of a Beardie.

11Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

authenticfarm wrote:Pollywog is quite the knitter and crocheter. I mostly make ugly scarves.

Hmmm, not so true....

12Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:01 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:

Hmmm, not so true....

Wink 

13Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:38 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I'm a knitter and a crocheter! And I know that Authentic's scarves are lovely and cozy!

14Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Magdelan wrote:

careful Authentic, we'll be talking about ugly scarves like we did ugly sweaters  Razz .  Actually, I really enjoyed that post.  And even though it was not displayed for full viewing benefit, obscuring your entire face apart from your eyes, your scarf looked nice!   Really warm.  Isn't Pollywog's avatar a dog wearing a knitted outfit?  going to have to check that now .

whoops!  nope.  it is now the Queen with quite the grimace expression.  

The one before that was a chihuahua wearing a piñata costume!

15Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

That scarf Authentic has wrapped around her face 40 times ( Razz ) in the picture that shows how cold it was looks really nice. Pollywog, do you and she live near each other? I knew your dog had something colorful on, a pinata costume - can't stop smiling now! so funny. have you made any costumes with knitting? if so, love to see  Twisted Evil 

16Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:17 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

We live 7 minutes away from each other. I haven't made any costumes for my chihuahua but I have made a few sweaters for the smaller one that disappeared this year in May. He was smaller and needed sweaters in the winter time.

17Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:08 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

wow, you are neighbors! do you hang out in each others coops with hot buttered rum, talk "chicken" stuff?  Smile . sorry to hear your little dog disappeared. do you think a coyote was involved? we had a cat go west and was terribly upsetting. now we watch them like hawks. I always like to see the small shivery dogs strolling out with their smart jackets on. Very cute. We had a fox terrier in NZ but she was sort of feral in many ways and can't imagine her taking to any kind of extra clothing - not that it was cold enough to need anything like that and in the winter you could find her hunting down the swamp hens in the swamp and up to her neck in mud. naughty naughty. no serious predators there unless you count cars on the road and maybe the neighbors dog if it was up to mischief. no coyotes, cougars, lynx, bobcats, massive owls or anything like that. better scoot. not getting much done this morning!

18Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:44 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pollywog has a better coop than me, so we're friends off now. Lol

19Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:12 am

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My coop isn't better than Authentic's. My chickens are just way more spoiled!

20Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:32 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

21Knitting Humour Empty Re: Knitting Humour Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:02 am

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

Schipperkesue wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now Uno was looking for the perfect tattoo a while back. Although lately her tat may be more apt to say "Knock it off or Die Young".

I can't quite decide, is this on a man's arm or a woman's arm? My guess is that this tattoo is on the arm of a German fraulein who is a rather sturdy women who is married to a farmer and lives in the Black Forest in one of those great huge thatched roofed farm houses with the barn in the lower level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum