Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My special parcel

+16
CynthiaM
auntieevil
authenticfarm
pigglet
uno
smokyriver
Ruffledfeathers
IzzyD
bshelton
coopslave
Karaandblue
Magdelan
HigginsRAT
SerJay
islandgal99
fuzzylittlefriend
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1My special parcel Empty My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:12 am

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have a VERY special parcel that just left North Carolina yesterday afternoon and is making a week long journey west to her new home!

This my new baby girl! I am so excited she is a dressage rider/breeder dream with a pedigree full of royalty!

She is half sister to my big guy but I had been looking for him with girl parts and this is it! Please send her good thoughts on her 4000 km trip!

My special parcel IMG_0917_zps40bf6416

http://pauluzzifamilypoultry.webs.com/

2My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:50 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

WOW!!!!

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

3My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Wow that is a special parcel!  Congrats she is a beauty Smile

4My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:52 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

5My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:52 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

she looks lovely. I do not know the back story of your other horse, can you explain what is so special in the breeding and a photo of your big guy of opposite gender (or direct me to the thread that I wonder maybe already is on here?)? That is a long trip - must be special to you indeed :-). Horses and chickens, there seems a theme to that coupling on this site - lot of people share the love of both creatures cheers 

6My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Fuzzy - your new filly is amazing - hope she gets here and is happy and spry and kicks up her heels when she gets off the trailer! Hanoverian?
Good luck with her - how is she bred? All dressage or jumping somewhere in there also? Video? I love seeing the extended trots on the big english horses - makes my paint HUS mare look like a wannabe Wink

7My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:29 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely. I'm a sucker for a grey.

8My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:20 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thanks everyone! Yes shes branded Hanoverian as you can see.

She is all dressage lines. Her father is my guys dad as well. His name is Rotspon who is by the famous Rubinstein. Rotspon is known for making fancy amateur friendly riding horses but also has lots of babies coming up into the grandprix ring now. Really sweet nature, smart horses but sensible enough.

Her mothers side is the bonus in the breeding. Her mother is by a trakaner stallion Silvermoon. He has numerous upper level horses the most famous being Blue Hors Matinee. Google her there are lots of utube videos from 2006 WEG. Babies mom is a spitting image of her half sister. Also on the mothers side her father is by the famous Kostolony. He has many popular offspring including Gribaldi who is the sire of the infamous Totalis ( another one to google).

So its super exciting to have these bloodlines coming here.

I am thankful that the american economy is the way it is so she was too good a deal to pass up!

I am so excited!

9My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:46 pm

bshelton

New Here

Where in North Carolina?

10My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:09 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

walkertown

11My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:25 pm

IzzyD

IzzyD

Very nice congrats!
This one will stand much taller than my little minis Smile

12My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:38 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

She looks absolutely dreamy. Love the stance and color.

13My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:33 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gorgeous girl!!! Hope she arrives safe, sound, and healthy!! That is a big trip for her. Does she have to go into a quarantine program to come in or do you just have to do a coggins test? I always wondered what was involved in bringing horses across the boarder. I've debated bringing a few TWH home from the US!! Lol

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

14My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:51 pm

Karaandblue

Karaandblue

Very nice!! And very lucky indeed!! Sorry missed the brand in the first glance - congrats!!

15My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:02 pm

She looks lovely! I know nothing much about dressage and dressage bloodlines, but I remember you posting a picture of you riding her 1/2 brother and even I could see what a lovely team you made, and how bold and handsome he is. You must be beside yourself! Do keep us posted on her progress. I will look forward to updates. It must be similar for you to a kid watching Santa's progress across the globe on Christmas eve! Wink

16My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:43 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was joking with echo1 that I should have attached a GPS to her! We could have tracked like santa!

Smokey its not too bad. They need a negative coggins test then an international health certificate which is only valid for 30 from issue ( coggins is good for 6 months). Then a broker to do the GST. Certain states have some other health requirements prior to import ( texas I think is one).

I will start showing her in hand at sport horse shows this year so should be really fun! AN exciting year for sure!

17My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Safe journey for the young one.

Did you travel to the states to view her yourself or buy her 'sight unseen', even though I'm sure you had pictures.

18My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:06 pm

pigglet

I was raised near Walkertown, just about 30 miles south east. It is a long ride in the trailer to Canada, hope the roads are good and she arrives safe and sound. Is she traveling across the US or up to Canada then over? She is beautiful, hope you really enjoy her. What a great Christmas for you.
I can see the summer will be full of shows and enjoyment. Good luck.

19My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:18 pm

fuzzylittlefriend

fuzzylittlefriend
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes I bought her sight unseen. Lots of pics and video and the breeders are long time high quality breeders and her husband is an equine repro vet.

Its a long journey about 48 hrs total travelling time. SHe left yesterday afternoon and went to Missouri for a layover. SHe will leave tomorrow or saturday to head straight to spokane for another layover then be picked up and brought here through Oroville on a "short" 6 hour trip.

I hope she travels well. We have her on gastroguard to prevent any stress induced ulcers and the breeder was able to send 8 bales of hay so we wont have any sudden diet changes. Just hoping no respiratory issues crop up. Shes travelling in a full box stall so she can move around, lay down and most importantly stretch her nose to the ground which helps drain and congestion.

Its so stressful!

20My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:32 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Congratulations!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

21My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:19 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

She is breath-taking. Congratulations!

22My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:27 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lovely filly for surely, she does look awesome. Yes, as Farmchiq, I recall the picture of you on the male. Geeze, how wonderful. When you are eventing next time, and you are close to where we live, please do tell. I love to watch dressage and would love to come and see you event. Remember that....have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

23My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:48 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sorry to hijack, Fuzzy, but Karandblue, you are new here, we love to hear about people and what they are up to. Why don't you take a moment and tell a little about you in the forum for new members, would love to officially meet ya! You don't have to, it is just nice though, I like it.... Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

24My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 am

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Beautiful. Grats.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

25My special parcel Empty Re: My special parcel Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I really, really can't wait to meet her!  For those who are not "horsey"..... trust me, her blood lines are WORLD CLASS!  It simply doesn't get any better in the dressage world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum