Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy

+4
KathyS
k.r.l
Buff
authenticfarm
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will let Buff explain the photos, just posting these for her as she couldn't off of her phone.

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 03510

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 03810

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 04010

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 04210

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 04310

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 04810

This is Buff's Cochin boy - he placed second in his class
Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 05510

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 05710

This is Buff's Buff boy - placed first in his class!
Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 05810

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 05910

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 06110

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 06310

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 06710

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 07010

Urban Farm Show 2013 - Posting Photos for Buff - pic heavy 07110

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Buff

Buff

Thank You Authenticfarm! cheers 

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great Pictures!

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I meant to comment on these pictures before - better late than never! I just wanted to say its great to see some of these birds that weren't posted before... especially the colorful pigeons. Were these your own Moderns and pigeons, Buff?

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Butterboy

Butterboy

Is that a LF Old English?

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Buff is the photo that Authentic says "this is Buff's cochin boy" of a chocolate cochin? He is beautiful! And the pretty white bird who looks like she is doing the flamenco, can hardly see her flirty eyes :-). What kind of bird is that?

Buff

Buff

Butterboy wrote:Is that a LF Old English?
Yes it is

Buff

Buff

Magdelan wrote:Buff is the photo that Authentic says "this is Buff's cochin boy" of a chocolate cochin?  He is beautiful!  And the pretty white bird who looks like she is doing the flamenco, can hardly see her flirty eyes :-).  What kind of bird is that?  
Thank you Magdelan no he is a blue. He is from Kathy S line. 
Haha that beautiful white birdie is some kind of pigeon I don't remember off hand what kind sorry. These ones were just gorgeous. I can't believe how many different variety or pigeons there are. Some really gorgeous birds it was really hard to get pics of them as my camera wanted to focus on the bars on the cages.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Buff wrote:
Magdelan wrote:Buff is the photo that Authentic says "this is Buff's cochin boy" of a chocolate cochin?  He is beautiful!  And the pretty white bird who looks like she is doing the flamenco, can hardly see her flirty eyes :-).  What kind of bird is that?  
Haha that beautiful white birdie is some kind of pigeon I don't remember off hand what kind sorry. These ones were just gorgeous. I can't believe how many different variety or pigeons there are. Some really gorgeous birds it was really hard to get pics of them as my camera wanted to focus on the bars on the cages.
Buff, please accept my apologies, so often I say on here how new at this I am  -  all true but getting a little boring to hear!  He's a beauty though and has that same Mona Lisa stare that Kathy's black pullet had  -  I really like it.  

I have two freeloading pigeons out there in the outside coop.  They are the last remaining from a much larger group that were here when we bought the property and they have managed to survive all by themselves pretty much (although I picked up a bunch of pretty pigeon tail feathers from a failed attempt by a red tailed hawk at a tasty meal last week).  They are not causing problems and probably don't eat a lot so we are leaving them to their wiles right now.  We have observed them and they are seriously loving with each other - put the chickens to shame on that front!  And, have some kahuna's  -  stand up to the rooster on the issue of sharing scratch which was interesting to watch, like a peaceful sit/stand in sort of deal.  Sorry, digressing.  That pretty white feathered chickie is quite glamorous, I wonder if those feathers stand up like that always.

Buff

Buff

Magdelan wrote:
Buff wrote:
Buff, please accept my apologies, so often I say on here how new at this I am  -  all true but getting a little boring to hear!  He's a beauty though and has that same Mona Lisa stare that Kathy's black pullet had  -  I really like it.  

I have two freeloading pigeons out there in the outside coop.  They are the last remaining from a much larger group that were here when we bought the property and they have managed to survive all by themselves pretty much (although I picked up a bunch of pretty pigeon tail feathers from a failed attempt by a red tailed hawk at a tasty meal last week).  They are not causing problems and probably don't eat a lot so we are leaving them to their wiles right now.  We have observed them and they are seriously loving with each other - put the chickens to shame on that front!  And, have some kahuna's  -  stand up to the rooster on the issue of sharing scratch which was interesting to watch, like a peaceful sit/stand in sort of deal.  Sorry, digressing.  That pretty white feathered chickie is quite glamorous, I wonder if those feathers stand up like that always.
No big deal Magdelan no need to say sorry. He's quite the character and quite showy lol. We call him Snowman. This was his first show his attitude was "I'm to sexy for this cage for this cage" lol. I think he enjoyed himself a little to much. 

Haha very cool! When I saw the pigeons I thought hmmm I may need some pretty pigeons one day. The fan tail ones are very pretty too. Reminded me of my peafowl just miniature lol.  
Those little ones could lay those feathers down it was very cool to watch them.

Butterboy

Butterboy

Buff wrote:
Yes it is
Do you know who brought them? They are pretty rare in these parts

Buff

Buff

Butterboy wrote:
Buff wrote:
Yes it is
Do you know who brought them? They are pretty rare in these parts
No sorry Butterboy I don't. I'm quite fond of them so I had to snap a picture hehe. Next time I will take note someone else might know on here.

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That fancy white bird is a Jacobin Pigeon. Beautiful...but I am biased...I love all pigeons. In fact, my whole fascination with birds started as a child when my cat caught a homing pigeon on the lawn.

Buff

Buff

KathyS wrote:I meant to comment on these pictures before - better late than never!  I just wanted to say its great to see some of these birds that weren't posted before... especially the colorful pigeons.  Were these your own Moderns and pigeons, Buff?
Nope Kathy just admiring them so had to take some pics hehe!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your flamenco bird is a Modern Game. Sorry if this was already answered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum