Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting hooked by rug hooking

+6
lady leghorn
Echo 1
auntieevil
heda gobbler
authenticfarm
mirycreek
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty rug hooking Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:53 pm

confused

New Here

Mum used to make hooked rugs and saddle blankets using raw, dyed sheep wool. You just use a small roving and burlap, the same as wool cloth but not quite so refined of course. I have one she gave me when I first got married (60 years ago). I do cherish it dearly.

27Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

confused wrote:Mum used to make hooked rugs and saddle blankets using raw, dyed sheep wool. You just use a small roving and burlap, the same as wool cloth but not quite so refined of course. I have one she gave me when I first got married (60 years ago). I do cherish it dearly.

confused, are you from NZ or Ausie?

28Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty rugs Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:38 am

confused

New Here

Not NZ or Aus. Just plain old Alberta. My folks had sheep - I guess lots of them - when I was born and throughout my life it seems I've always managed to have at least a couple of them. Right now I've got Tunis. The babies are born red and keep their red color on their face and legs. The wool is classed as oatmeal (off white I suppose).

29Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:07 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

confused wrote:Not NZ or Aus. Just plain old Alberta. My folks had sheep - I guess lots of them - when I was born and throughout my life it seems I've always managed to have at least a couple of them. Right now I've got Tunis. The babies are born red and keep their red color on their face and legs. The wool is classed as oatmeal (off white I suppose).

my apologies confused, I assumed you were from another place because you spelled Mum instead of Mom, I find most people here spell it "Mom."

oatmeal is a divine colour!

30Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty rugs Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

confused

New Here

No need to apologize. I wouldn't mind being from either place. Funny you should comment on my "mum" spelling. Strangely enough, this exactly same conversation came up the other day. Somebody said it was the difference between British and American backgrounds. My dad was born in England but Mum's people came from Ont. She was a teacher. We also spelled it that way in school. Maybe it's sort of an age thing too. Words today mean entirely different things than when I was a kid. I still like all the beautiful work that these rug hooking people do though - just to get back on track.

31Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:56 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Just finished another rug, I know, wrong season but now it's ready for Christmas 2014!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

32Getting hooked by rug hooking - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting hooked by rug hooking Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:00 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

nice nice

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum