Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flemish Giant Rabbits

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:52 pm

Beautiful, healthy, and friendly. Purebred Flemish Giant Rabbits. 7 weeks old females. 2 available. $35 each please Smile
Flemish Giant Rabbits Photo_zps289862b1
Flemish Giant Rabbits Photo_zps7cb34088
Flemish Giant Rabbits Photo_zps5b823634
Flemish Giant Rabbits Photo_zps24195f7d

2Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I visited Jess's rabbits (and Jess too for that matter!) just last weekend! She has lovely, healthy, big rabbits! I have a nice fawn buck for my project and she managed to convince me Razz  to take home a lovely doe as well! Two thumbs up!

3Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Are those blue eyed?

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

4Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aha! The Vienna gene! Piet's eyes are sharp. I am guessing BEW is not a common color in Flemish. I love a good genetic mystery!

5Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:09 pm

Grey eyed.

6Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Not recognized in flemish, what colour are the parents and do you know a few more generations back (colors) there are some guys in Europe trying to make a BEW, but they are not at all good yet. If these finish over 15 lbs, I might have to buy a buck from you to try something out with my whites.

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

7Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know many people are creeped out by REW and find BEW much more to their liking. Piet, you should contact Jess. I didn't weigh them when I was there, Razz  but her adults were big!

8Flemish Giant Rabbits Empty Re: Flemish Giant Rabbits Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm happy to oblige where i can. I grew up with my Opa raising Flemish in the back yard. I''ve been breeding rabbits myself for over five years. Breeding Flemish for 3 going on 4 years. I can't wait till i can say i've been breeding for 20+. Iv'e been working on size and head carraige, among other things. Each year gets better.
Here is their lineage: She is a white with grey eyes and slight ticking on her nose.
Her Dam: Light Grey (told she came out of Manitoba) no other history.
Her Sire: Sandy ( I bought him from Sharin Engler, who bred her Sandy to one of your Sandy bucks, Piet.)
I then bred this white Dam back to her father. And the result is in the photos.
The mother of this litter is around 11 months old. I can get her weight for you and photos. Her babies are going to be bigger then her, I can tell already.

Thank you for any and all input with my rabbits!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum