Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for Salmon Faverolle Cockerel - Kamloops/Thompson/Okanagan BC

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

calliope

calliope

I'm in the North Okanagan area but am open to shipping via ACE Courier from other areas if possible. I'm looking for a cockerel around 6 to 8 months old. Thanks in advance Smile

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

All I have to say is, buyer beware. Before you purchase, please make sure that you know exactly what you are getting and that it has a nice quality. I know a gal recently that received hatching eggs that were supposed to be of this breed, not many were, and some were crossbreed. Careful. Understand where the bird is coming from, just sayin'....I hope you can find what you are looking for. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Steve in Pine Lake Alberta has been working on this breed for some time now. He is an SOP breeder who exhibits his birds.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Calliope, there you go, go that extra mile and with a reputable breeder, it will be worth your while. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not to mention that Steve is also a really nice guy. Is he a member here? I shall look.

If you can't find him, Calliope, send me your email and I will ask him to contact you. He goes by 'Steve' on the forums.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Steve is a very nice guy, met him in Vernon a couple of years ago. Good to hear that he is still working on this breed. He was very passionate about them when I spoke to him, that is usually a very good sign.
Good luck finding one, personally that fifth toe freaks me out!!! Laughing Hmmm, now I am wondering if it is the Dorking that has the fifth toe. Yep I think it is, you now have my permission to go ahead with them cause they don't have freaky feet.......

calliope

calliope

Thanks, everybody, much appreciated. Cynthia, thanks for your words of wisdom. This is why I come to the forum, for the guidance and sage wisdom of others Smile I haven't been on it for a while due to a lot of work on the ranch and the Internet really sucking, but I know you guys are out there, LOL! Sue, thank you for mentioning Steve. I found him on here and have sent him a message. Coopie, sorry, they are the freaky-footed ones. I hope this will not harm our relationship too much Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum