Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An interesting read on alternatives to the Cornish Cross

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

We are trying some Freedom Ranger birds for the first time this year. When I told a friend about them, she emailed us this article. Thought I'd share it with those that may be interested.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

They sound great. Where did you get yours from?

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

From these folks:http://www.freedomrangerhatchery.com/

As far as I know they are the only ones who sell them.

DoubleSSRanch

DoubleSSRanch
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I do not see anywhere on their website that they offer health papers to come to Canada?

http://www.doublessranch.webs.com

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't know why they don't say anything about it. You know how it can be with us Canadians.....they forget about us sometimes.

Anyways, I have spoke to Kendall many times, as a group of us are ordering approximately 400. We have discussed health papers and placing them in an obvious place in a marked box so we don't have to disturb the chicks at the border.

Give him a call.

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Started checking into these birds just last night and today by fluke I learn a friend of mine actually has them! I had the opportunity to go and see them. What a nice bird, hers are 4 weeks old, fully feathered, calm and a seemingly good weight on them. I am excited to get these myself!

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

That's great to hear Island Girl as I've never seem them but just heard good things about them. Good to get yet another confirmation and to know that even at 4 weeks they're a good size. I understand that unlike the Cornish X's, most people wait till the Freedom Rangers are 12 weeks before processing.

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I should get my friend to take some pictures for us to post. I've already had someone ask to go in on getting some to the Island. Could be interesting!

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Pictures would be great. We started out with one other party joining our order and now have 6 or 7.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum