Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))

+11
Farmer Bob
authenticfarm
happychicks
Pollywog
Prairie Chick
loushrop
Schipperkesue
mirycreek
HigginsRAT
coopslave
Blue Hill Farm
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Empty The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics)) Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

And I couldn’t be more pleased with the finished look. Very Happy 
Well worth the blood, sweat and tears it took to construct it. Everything is FLUSH and SOLID, so hubs is happy too. Rolling Eyes Laughing cheers 

Front view
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013047

Garden side
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013059

The tunnel connecting coop and run
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013013

The ramp makes a great launching pad too, wheee! Lol
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013026

Top side (I had DH design it so I can easily add strategic roof panels at a later date)
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013021

Lily, Belle, and Nel approve  cheers 
The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013050

The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  Newcoopnrun2013051

Thanks for letting me share with you. Smile

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice!!! I like it!
You and the birds both will enjoy having some cover in the run area. Dry spots in the rain and snow.

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh that's great!  At first thought I was thinking "oh good for Flicker, she must have just completed a marathon" which I am sure it was of sorts!
I love the color coordination, wouldn't even look out of place in suburbia and being able to add roof panels is SMART!
Tell me about the tunnel?  It would make a great place for catching chickens im thinking or was that just the best way of the ground to put it?
And always nice to sell Lily again, shes looking good!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Love, love, LOVE! the connecting tunnel! If I were a chicken I would run back and forth through it all day!

And you cut the grass just for the picture? Nice!

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I love it! Now I need to find an old granary. The birds will love it and the covered run will give you so much piece of mind. I'm envious lol Lou

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks great! The Run is Done, woohoo! ((lotsofpics))  931874130 

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That looks fantastic!

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How sweet!!! Just love, love love this:D A LOT of work went into that construction for sure. Great job!

That is SO nice! Your yard looks so well-manicured. As I battle with cyclops -level weeds at my place, your tidy homestead looks so appealing. Your coop and run are lovely. Painting sure makes it look finished. And the tunnel - I agree with Sue. It gives it a playground feel. Your chickens must LOVE it!!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I want a tunnel for me to go between the house and the coop.

I showed husbeast your cute coop and he said "no." He's no fun.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This is great!  I love this house and run.  I have never, never seen such an awesome coop.  I think I am mesmerized  by the tunnel!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I know if I had that cool tunnel at my place it would have to have a cover or the chooks would be snowed in!!!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Now I am inspired! I have an uncovered tunnel for the dogs between the kennels and the house. I want a covered one for me! No more hauling out an umbrella to get to the barn!

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Beautiful! Those are some very spoiled chickens you have. We had a chicken tunnel with one of our coops, the chickens loved it, we ended up nicknaming it the 'chunnel'.

XOX Monika

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

It looks like something from a foreign land. Like if there was a documentay on world wide chickens, that coop/run would be from some exotic place. I think it is perfect!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, that is very, very nice,. a lot of work and thought went into that, beauty! Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow…thank you guys! Your very kind comments have made my week. Very Happy  I’ll try and not let my head swell too much (wouldn’t want it to not fit through the coop/run doors, haha) but boy, you’ve all made it hard! Laughing Seriously though, I appreciate all your kind words, as does my partner in coop renos. Thank you. sunny 

LoL miry, I wouldn’t be above calling it a marathon of manual labour. I am just lucky we had a lot of the material around, though some wasn’t exactly easy to get. Like the 2x6 x16 footers that make up the entire frame – those used to belong to the old deck on the back of the house. Not anymore! lol I love to be able to reuse and recondition things into chickeny items. bounce 

And the tunnel – funny enough it started out because DH wanted something square to build onto, hence the pop door frame. We originally planned on using an old, metal tunnel I had repainted white (you can see it to the right of the cop in the top side pic) but someone mismeasured *ahem* and built the adjacent frame slightly too small. By this time the foreman had had enough run building, and the metal tunnel was scrapped in fav of keeping things simple. Hubby whipped the one you see up super quick and I haven’t so much as glanced at the metal one since. Cool 

Oh my, do the chickens ever LOVE it. They spend a good majority of the day racing back and forth from coop to run. lol The only flaw with the tunnel I’ve found so far is during evening lockup. By the time I get around into the coop to shut/latch the chicken door, youngsters are already hanging in the tunnel part again. They like to sit inside just out of reach. Won’t be an issue once I have them treat trained, but for now I’ve resorted to pushing a piece of cardboard inside from the run to prevent tunnel dwellers.

No plans to use the coop during winter months right now, though I do have a tenplast roof cover cut out for the tunnel if need be. I left it open for now in hopes the rain will rinse away the chickens show of appreciation. geek 

Chunnel, LoL that’s awesome, and my new word of the day. cheers 

Lou, I hope you can find a grain bin that would work close to you. Shouldn't be too hard here in SK, I see them everywhere and not many farmers use the wooden ones anymore. Will keep my eyes peeled! Smile 

And sharp-eyed Sue, nothing gets past you! Razz I didn't actually cut the grass for the pic, BUT when I learned hubby planned too, I did wait until afterward to take the pics. Wink Busted!

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

That connecting tunnel is a great idea!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh ya, meant to mention, that connecting tunnel is fabulous. Geeeze, this whole thing is the coop of the year!! I dont' know what it is about the adolescents. The remind me of teenage kids, or kids period, that just don't want to go inside, too much to do outside. My flock of about 21 little cochins are all about the same age, and they are the last ones to go to bed. they free range from the moment of going outside when I open the big gate until end of day. Almost dark before they meander in their house, the mature birds had gone to bed hours before....seriously....just before the darkness. Kind of irks me, cause I want to be in bed by then, but no....they still want to play, brats!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum