Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cold Lake...a dog show...and friends!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cold Lake...a dog show...and friends! Empty Cold Lake...a dog show...and friends! Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

This weekend I was showing my dogs at theCold Lake dog show.  Since I had 4 dogs to wrangle, Arcticsun graciously agreed to come along and help out.  I couldn't have done it without her!

Here is Cold Lake.  This is a view from Clark's Restaurant, a fabulous place for dinner that is worth the five hour drive alone.  The first night we had their special, a beautifully spiced Prime Rib with veggies, mashed and a HUGE Yorkshire Pudding.  I love Yorkshire pudding!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Authenticfarm has been concerned about my hand and asked if there was anything she could do to help.  I asked her if she would consider taking a couple Houdan hens as layers.  Lovely hens, but not the direction I want to go.  Authentic met us the first night we arrived and brought a huge round home made bread, a delicious Key Lime pie, a wonderful white wine and because she knows showin' dogs is dirty work, some lovely home made soap!  It was great to finally meet her and her shy but charming daughter.  Whe she headed off, Authentic was two Houdans happier!  Here I am a day into the show, enjoying her delicious baking!

It was a small but busy show.  Here is Apollo on the the table, eyeing the judging.  When we left yesterday Apollo was sitting on the dreaded nine points.  No one likes nine points.  You need 10 for a Canadian championship and if you get nine, you sometime seem to be stuck there forever!  He is entered again in the next Edmonton show so he should pick up another point there.

I did finish two dogs.  The first was Elway.  Here he is...

And the second was Riot.  

Poor Riggs couldn't seem to beat the other boys.  He has 5 points right now.  Here he is, looking a little hungry...

All in all, a great weekend with dogs and friends.  Who could ask for more?

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was so great to meet you and arcticsun! I could have happily stayed way longer to chat!

Clark's is pretty awesome. Such a cool vibe - and hard to beat the view!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Lovely pictures, lovely pups as well

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

The dogs are even more beautiful in person. The personalities!!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like a fun weekend. Smile  I'm having trouble taking my eyes off that pie! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum