Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learning something you didn't know about yourself

+7
ChicoryFarm
toybarons
bckev
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
lanaire-ranching
uno
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I believe the colder the water the tastier the fish. That is why ice fishing is worth it.

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sweetened or Carp Lady......Smile    Congratulations,  you really look like you were having fun,no worries just a real fun day.

I think you and moose needed that.  Maybe do more things like that to enjoy life.  

Things like that take you right away from all your problems.  Time for lots more of that this year.  Do it!!!!  Smile

Boy do I ever wish I could do that too.  But honestly, I would try eating them.  Even just filleting  them and freezing for later.

You can freeze fish, to last a long time, by putting them in water,in a milk carton, in the freezer.  They stay frozen and useable for a long time.

My father was a commercial fisherman and did that a lot.   I think you need to tell me where you went fishing, I would

desperately like to go, when hubby takes his holidays in Sept.  I need some of that time out time too.  Very Happy 

Soooo very glad you had so much fun.  Hey, if you're not getting grubby, you're not having fun.  cheers 

Those sure are big fish.  Bet you were really excited.  bounce

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Nice work!!!!
I bet your chickens would love to eat the big ones, free protein. I was looking at mash recipes and fish protein was on the list.
Cook one up and let me know what your chickens think.

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

AWESOME Exclamation  way to show that invasive species who's boss! haha Great pics even with the hair all mucked up your fishing and that shows you had a good day.

I miss fishing . we use to do an annual May day fishing weekend for fresh trout. That was the weekend we would go to this little lake called Morchuwa and limit out. Great big trout and 3 days of great fun of the catch then the gut and lastly the cook. We use to go Salmon fishing all the time on the chuck. There have been a few years here where we had to buy it Mad  fresh, wild, pacific ect. but this year with my boys getting big enough I'm starting to get that fishing itch again. I think this year is the year we do some fishing.

Thanks for the great photos gets a person motivated.

Its a bay off a lake not far from us, apparently it used to be spawning grounds for pike. One guy said people would line up shoulder to shoulder and pull pike after pike, but that's changed. Overfishing, nearby chemical spraying and invasive carp probably all have something to do with it.

I am going to try cooking up some of the big ones for the cats, chickens and dogs. They sure didn't like it raw. AT ALL. However, after it had set out overnight and all day, it was worthy enough to roll on. Honest to Pete... Eu de poisson I suppose.

We're going again tomorrow morning! Moose bought some spoons again, and some leaders, so maybe we'll get some awesome pike pictures too! I will share big ones! And, when I try them, I'll let you know how they taste and how I cooked them up.

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Goodie, I can't wait to see your next fish. cheers  Fun to get away isn't it.

You both need it after all you've been through lately. Rolling Eyes 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum