Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

instruction for quoting messages

+2
uno
rowdyrooster
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1instruction for quoting messages Empty instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:19 am

rowdyrooster

rowdyrooster

I shall try to explain what I do, 

1 : blue highlight what you want to quote and copy

2 : go to post reply

3 : click on the little quote thingy up at the top, put in who you are quoting and hit the insert button

4 : put your mouse arrow under their name then left click, then right click and paste

5 : put your mouse arrow under the quote box left click and type your message and have fun!

I think that's what I did. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:28 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rowdyrooster wrote:
I think that's what I did.

Did I do it? Did I do it? I think I did it! I am a SUPER genius! I will forget this 2 minutes because my brain has holes in it. But thank you Rowdy, this might work!

3instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:55 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You did it, SmartyUnoPants!

Thanks RR.  I was feeling badly about the hijack...but sometimes these things just have to be done!

4instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:33 am

rowdyrooster

rowdyrooster

Sue , I would like to check something and was hoping you would help me. If you would, go to the to the topic of " help with lag mites" , your last post and see if there is a " X " in the bottom corner by your editer button. If there is, if you click on that "X" it should delete the hole post. It did for mine. I am wondering  if it (the "X" ) keeps moving up the old posts so we can all delete them. It is not on my other posts.

5instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:41 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Rowdy Rooster wrote:I think that's what I did. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hmmm, I got it to work that way!  but I usually use that little quote button from the bottom of the post... that is where I keep screwing it up and cant get it to work  (using that button automatically copies and quotes the whole post, with the author's name, and then I would delete what I didnt want in there...)

6instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:45 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

RR wrote:
Sue , I would like to check something and was hoping you would help me. If you would, go to the to the topic of " help with lag mites" , your last post and see if there is a " X " in the bottom corner by your editer button. If there is, if you click on that "X" it should delete the hole post. It did for mine. I am wondering if it (the "X" ) keeps moving up the old posts so we can all delete them. It is not on my other posts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see no X

7instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Aha!  But it is there if you have made the last post in a thread.

8instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm

rowdyrooster

rowdyrooster

Thanks, Sue. I was just wounding how things worked.

9instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:21 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh come on, are you kidding me?  This is what we have to do now to make a quote.  It seems rather long and quite the procedure and I really don't get it.  What is going on with this forum software anyways?  It seems that things are getting harder and harder to work.  Especially with having to pull down the smilie emoticons to get one to be put into a post. What was wrong with the old way this worked. I probably won't even bother to use the quote anymore, that sucks.  Sorry, my inner voice here.  Have awesome days, CynthiaM.

10instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:50 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

To Cynthia's inner voice...

I suspect there is a glitch and you should just be able to hit the quote button and write underneath.  Unfortunately you cannot make your Icon show up there to type.

Oh Jonny....  you are the computer whiz mod here... can you fix this?

11instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:53 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:To Cynthia's inner voice...

I suspect there is a glitch and you should just be able to hit the quote button and write underneath.  Unfortunately you cannot make your Icon show up there to type.

Oh Jonny....  you are the computer whiz mod here... can you fix this?

Try it Sue.  The only place where one can type is right in the YELLOW/BEIGE quote box, like what I am doing right now.  This forum seems to be having quite a few gliches lately.  Yep, something must be going array and should be looked into, for sure.  Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

12instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:56 am

For the upgraded forum features (I assume an internal thing), there's a simple button that is your new friend.

The last grouping of buttons has a smiley face, a calendar, a clock (?), a clip board with paper and a button that is just a sheet of paper.

to get out of the quote box, click that paper button. It converts back to how it used to look with the [ ] and quote format. Get out of the quoting area as per usual and typey your response. Want to see what it will look like? Reclick the paper button and it'll show you.

13instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:For the upgraded forum features (I assume an internal thing), there's a simple button that is your new friend.

The last grouping of buttons has a smiley face, a calendar, a clock (?), a clip board with paper and a button that is just a sheet of paper.

to get out of the quote box, click that paper button.  It converts back to how it used to look with the [ ] and quote format.  Get out of the quoting area as per usual and typey your response.  Want to see what it will look like?  Reclick the paper button and it'll show you.

Oh whatever!!  I do not like change, change does not like me and I sure do wonder about things.  Guess change will have to happen, but I am not pleased, and it doesn't take much to bother me right now.  I have very limited time on the internet cause of life, and to try and do things that used to be so simple....are now time consuming, well, rock my socks.  So Sweetened, you one smawwwwt gal, wondering how you figured out the quote thing.  Guess I have to change, thanks for taking the time to explain.  Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

14instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hah!  Mystery solved by Sweetened the Intrepid Girl of Computer Mysteries.
Sweetened wrote:For the upgraded forum features (I assume an internal thing), there's a simple button that is your new friend.

to get out of the quote box, click that paper button.  It converts back to how it used to look with the [ ] and quote format.  Get out of the quoting area as per usual and typey your response.  Want to see what it will look like?  Reclick the paper button and it'll show you.

15instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:11 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

But how do you make your comments go to the bottom, under the quote?
Schipperkesue wrote:Hah!  Mystery solved by Sweetened the Intrepid Girl of Computer Mysteries.

16instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:But how do you make your comments go to the bottom, under the quote?
Schipperkesue wrote:Hah!  Mystery solved by Sweetened the Intrepid Girl of Computer Mysteries.

Better?

17instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:13 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:But how do you make your comments go to the bottom, under the quote?

Better?

Aha!

18instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:18 am

I got mad, Miss Cynthia Very Happy I hovered over some of the new buttons and found the paper one said 'switch to editor mode'. Other websites would call it HTML mode.

19instruction for quoting messages Empty Re: instruction for quoting messages Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Sorry Everyone,

I have been ridiculously busy, so many changes are going on right now. Getting caught up on chores and errands from the weekend.

I looked into it and I can't seam to find where the Changes came from, I contacted tech support and the response they gave me was "we will look into it"
Over the next few weeks in the evening/early mornings from the hours of 12am-3am I will be working on the forum, any changes that I feel need to be made will be passed by Hidden River first, and a forum announcement will be made in the General Chat informing everyone "if" any changes that affect the user interface have been or will be made.

I will see what I can do about switching it back. I have not had the time yet to peek into it, so I do apologize.

In the meantime I see a few of you have been playing around with the new format, some like it, some don't. Sudden changes like this can create a headache. I at first was thrown off, but have familiarized myself with the new format/style, takes some getting used to.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum