Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Millet sale to Cochrane

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Millet sale to Cochrane Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Could anyone pick up some guinea eggs at the Millet sale and transport them down to Lanaire Ranch in Cochrane?

2Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Re: Millet sale to Cochrane Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:08 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

SUE!!! Shocked

3Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Re: Millet sale to Cochrane Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:10 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mwahahah!

4Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Re: Millet sale to Cochrane Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:34 am

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sue, I just saw the ad that the sale is for next weekend....

I might have to seriously decline the eggs. they would have to sit here for almost ten days before either my broody hen can be taken off her eggs (as they are hatching of course) or when the borrowed incubator I have will be empty (and its just a small incubator, holds seven eggs. I sold it to the school when I got sick and they have been awesome and lent it back to me so I could try to do a little hatching for myself this year) most likely I would have to use the broody hen-- that is a definite ten day wait on her (she is two days behind the incubator, so I could easily slip her eggs in there once those ones have hatched)

so I guess what I am saying is I love the offer, I think its beyond amazing and generous but I have to pass Sad BUT maybe I could BUY some eggs from you in a little while? My Mister is up in Edmonton area quite a bit working (he drives truck) so maybe an arrangement can be made where he can meet you and we can BUY some eggs from you then??

5Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Re: Millet sale to Cochrane Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:14 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes to everything Lanaire...except the buying part. These guineas were gifted to me and I believe a gift is something that presents an opportunity for a kindness in return. This could be my kindness.

Also delighted you are recovering! I hadn't seen you in so long and was wondering how you were doing. Amazing, isn't it, how people can drift in and out of our lives?

6Millet sale to Cochrane Empty Re: Millet sale to Cochrane Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

recovering, sort of... not anywhere near like I was before that is for sure. its proving to be some permenant damage now from when the infection first went through the brain. but I have dealt with it all fairly well, and found ways to do the things I want or need to. I have bad days which are really bad, and I have good days which are pretty darn good considering so I think that is a pretty thankful thing as its those days I try to get caught up and things done around here!

I have been lurking here for years! I just never seem to reply, I guess part of me felt that while I didnt have any chickens what was there for me to say?? silly I know.

as for the rest, colour me confused. will the eggs keep here for ten days alright while I wait for the broody? or should I make arrangements for another time to pick up and YES BUY some eggs from you?? (and if you dont let me buy them, I WILL find another way to pay you back Sue!! your offer is more than kind enough, and I am sure that there is some bloke out there that might need a hand a bit more than I)

maybe we should continue this through a pm?? I feel silly chatting here in the transport thread ahaha

Claire

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum