Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted Orpingtons

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanted Orpingtons Empty Wanted Orpingtons Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:47 am

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We are looking to expand our little flock of Orpingtons. I would prefer sexed chicks and I'm happy to pay the extra. LOVE the Buffs and REALLY want to add a small flock of blue/black/splash. My daughter spent a year researching types of dual purpose chickens and settled on the Orpingtons. I am certain that I will never be able to put them on my table.....they have become members of the family. It took a whole 3 weeks and I am now a "crazy chicken lady" Proof of that....one little girl was being picked on and looking a bit "off". She wound up in our spare bedroom ( In the rabbit cage) 'til she was feeling better and has now rejoined the flock. There was much laughter at work about chicken's in the house until I pointed out that once upon a time we had a baby horse that lived in our house too. If you have them... you look after them! We could take a trip to Alberta the end of the month to pick up young stock or I may consider giving hatching eggs a try. Loving the wonderful world of Chickens!

I do have access to an incubator owned by a good friend who is really good at hatching etc.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum