Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2013 Shetland Lambs for Sale

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Empty 2013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, I'm just starting weaning my lambs - rams first, because they are potent so early!

The wethers and ewes will follow although there may not be many ewes - someone is coming this weekend with their trailer and may take them all!

These are all for sale, I'm not going to show you the ewes I'm keeping because I don't want to confuse you.

Here then is Tatlayoko Orion, a black gulmoget born April 1 2013. He is a twin and a well made boy with nice fleece and a good start on his horns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

22013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Empty Re: 2013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Thu May 30, 2013 7:07 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Sounds like you are really cutting back? How many are going, and how many are you keeping?

I really like the little ram pictured here. He just has that "look" to be a good ram.

Good Luck on your sales. Smile

32013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Empty Re: 2013 Shetland Lambs for Sale Thu May 30, 2013 8:24 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thank you! He is a handsome boy!

I'm not cutting back, not at all, I'm keeping 3 ewe lambs to add to my flock but with 20 lambs in all I do have to sell lots. Most of the males were castrated and if they don't sell soon will be kept for the butcher in a year's time.

So I am keeping 3 purebred registered Shetland ewes, selling 3 purebred registered Shetland ewes, selling 2 purebred registered Shetland rams, selling 6 purebred unregistered Shetland wethers, selling 4 Shetland cross ewes and 2 Shetland cross wethers,

And in fact on Tuesday I'm going to look at some more ewes for sale near 100 Mile House...

With just about every ewe having twins I really have to keep selling or I will be drowning in sheep before long.

One ram lamb already sold, and buyers coming to look at the Shetland ewes on the weekend.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum