Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some of this year's dorper lambs

+3
Hidden River
DCChick
Cathyjk
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Some of this year's dorper lambs Thu May 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Some of this year's dorper lambs Lambs

2Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Thu May 16, 2013 9:52 pm

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I love how the lambs stand on their moms backs! Cute!!

3Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Thu May 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice Cathy.
That little one just wanted the good stuff at the top of the feeder. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 6:23 am

gubi

I like the looks of the Dorper sheep and the that you don't need to shear them. Are the lambs fast growing like a Suffolk?

5Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 6:59 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

At first look I thought those were ears on the sheep, not a lamb on her back!!
cute sheep.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

6Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 7:37 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh my, oh my, oh my. Beautiful and thanks for sharing the pictures, have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

7Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 8:51 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Dorpers are cute, but yummy too!
Thanks for sharing pics.

8Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

gubi wrote:I like the looks of the Dorper sheep and the that you don't need to shear them. Are the lambs fast growing like a Suffolk?

No shearing! Hair sheep. I don't know how fast compared to Suffolk but they are about 100lbs in 100 days. We sure like them.

9Some of this year's dorper lambs Empty Re: Some of this year's dorper lambs Fri May 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden River wrote:Very nice Cathy.
That little one just wanted the good stuff at the top of the feeder. Smile

Thanks...my friend at work, who has no animals said, "Hey they use mom like a step stool" Made me laugh!

I think the nicest lamb we have had is a cross of dorper and east friesian. Will see if I can't get a picture of Karl. Really interesting fur on him too... he is really sweet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum