Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Empty *Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

My mom and her husband are tired of eating store bought eggs since we moved and our chooks with us. They have decided to get a few laying hens of their own (yay!) so I'm posting an add in case someone near Riverhurst area has some for sale. Not fussy on breed, just would like some friendly hens that lay yummy eggs. Smile Thank you!

Last edited by Flicker Chick on Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

2*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Empty Re: *Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 am

I'm not overly far away. I still have a couple hens, I think, that could find a new home. There's one EE I won't be keeping, but I'm 90% she doesn't lay a blue egg.

I have some young pullets as well if she's interested that I could sell on teh cheap, many have EE genes. Let me know, I could meet them in Moose Jaw on a weekend (OR DURING OUR SALE <<PROMOTION>>), or if they're up for a bit of a drive, they could head out my way.

Let me know!

3*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Empty Re: *Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

How many hens do you have Sweetened? Just was chatting with my mom again and her "few" means 5-10. Rolling Eyes How old are the pullets? They'd like as close to point of lay as possible or already laying hens. And they aren't concerned with shell colour so no worries there. Smile

I'm excited they're finally getting some chickens! bounce

4*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Empty Re: *Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Mon May 06, 2013 9:28 am

No doubt! I'll have to head into the coop after work. I sold off 15 birds yesterday at Moose Jaw, so bad timing LOL.

The pullets are... 12 weeks? I'll double check when I'm not stealing time from work Smile

5*Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Empty Re: *Found* Laying hens in SW Sask Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

No kidding on the timing! Dang. LoL

They may just have to be happy with a couple hens to start. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum