Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help! My eggs won't peel

+2
HiddenAcresBC
cuckoomama
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Because we have an overabundance of duck eggs at the moment, my husband cooked up a dozen of the 5 or so day old eggs. These were the oldest eggs that we had. He cooked them the way he found on the internet (I was at work) and put them in cold water. He left them for about 1/2 an hour then tried to peel them and made a huge mess (whites sticking to shells and coming off in big chunks). Now what to do? Throw them out and start again? What went wrong? Any advice to get the perfect egg?

2Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

Throw some eggs to the back of the fridge...forget about em. Then find them a few weeks from now and try again Wink
New eggs are never gonna peel easily. Or just poach some eggs. Similair to a hard boiled egg just slimier haha.

3Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:19 pm

I read putting baking soda in the water helps. This does nothing for your current eggs, but might help the next batch.

4Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:25 pm

Jayceefarms

Jayceefarms
New Here

I put a little bit of vinegar in the boiling water, seems to work so far!

5Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:45 pm

Anna

Anna

Hit it with a knife in half and scoop it empty, that's how we eat our eggs Very Happy

6Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:02 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

leave a dozen in the back of your fridge for about 3 weeks that should do it

7Help! My eggs won't peel Empty Re: Help! My eggs won't peel Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:17 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I agree with Anna thats what we do Smile I send eggs for kids lunches all the time and thats how I do it. I smack it and open it most of the way then send a spoon along with them Smile I've had plenty of hard boiled eggs in my life but I have never peeled one Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum