Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

silkie hens stopped laying??

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1silkie hens stopped laying?? Empty silkie hens stopped laying?? Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:52 am

laura83

hello i have 2 young silkie hens there 2 yrs old and they layed maybe 1 or 2 eggs couple months ago and now they have stopped all together. =( and i really want to use them as my broody hens. is it the weather?

2silkie hens stopped laying?? Empty Re: silkie hens stopped laying?? Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Maybe they stopped laying because they are thinking of becoming broody?

3silkie hens stopped laying?? Empty Re: silkie hens stopped laying?? Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:02 am

I thought my girls stopped laying.

Turns out, I have an egg eating banty... I'm picking up golf balls today and, if that doesn't work, Banty finds new home or gets put in the freezer.

That was dark... Anywhoooo. Maybe check for that as well or, as Sue said, they're looking to go broody. I find the fluctuations in temperature also denotes whether my girls go on strike or not. After being +7 on Saturday down to -40 today, I more than suspect I'll have 3 or 4 eggs, that's if the egg eater doesn't get them first.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum