Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quail info/ help needed

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quail info/ help needed Empty Quail info/ help needed Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:31 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My son has started his first animal 4-H project as a big kid (no longer doing crafts in cloverbuds). He's chosen Quail and we have cortunix eggs in the incubator as of yesterday.

For his next meeting his must have a posterboard size drawing of a quail and all the (outside) body parts labelled. He's working on the sketch but this is our first dealings with Quail and I don't know which body parts are important in Quail. In his last meeting they did the same with a roo and a hen and labelled things like cloaca, sickle feathers, upper and lower beaks, thighs etc.

I've been searching online to find info but not having much luck. Which parts do you look at when breeding? Which parts are different than chickens? If I get names I can search online and find out where or what they are Very Happy

2Quail info/ help needed Empty Re: Quail info/ help needed Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

This may help

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully it does. It's not a cortunix but hopefully will work for you

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum