Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trio of Geese For Sale

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trio of Geese For Sale Empty Trio of Geese For Sale Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought I would offer these up now, if nobody wants them I will be taking them to some spring sales.
Trio of Pilgrim Cross Geese, these were sold to me as babies as Pilgrims, but upon them growing out I have noticed they have a small bump formed at the top of their bill so guessing they have african in them. They have nice body size, something I was hoping to breed into my Pilgrims, but do not want to cross anything into my pure geese.

So far as I can tell these are still color sexed, the females are grey with white undersides like a pilgrim hen, one hen has black lipstick on her the other straight orange bill. The gander is white like a Pilgrim male but has more grey on his wings/underside than he should for a pure pilgrim.
I do not know what these birds will produce for offspring, I have talked to a lady that knows quite a bit about geese and she figures these are probably a F2 cross, so you may end up with color sexable goslings.
If I had more room I would keep them and try a season of breeding with them, but I just do not have the room to keep them seperate from my purebreds.

These must go to a good home, somewhere the offspring will be sold as crosses and not as pure pilgrims please.

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow if time permits.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2Trio of Geese For Sale Empty Re: Trio of Geese For Sale Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 pm

How much are you asking for these, Hidden?

3Trio of Geese For Sale Empty Re: Trio of Geese For Sale Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I PM'd you.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum