Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 doz fertile white chantecler hatching eggs sold

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

we have one dozen + extras white chantecler fertile eggs for shipment jan 14th! i use expresspost OR greyhound $40 + $4 packing material and shipping
these guys are very big, an have been laying up a storm withought lights or heat!

Last edited by triplejfarms on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

21 doz fertile white chantecler hatching eggs sold Empty WOW! Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

Your white chantie is beautiful. I bet these eggs are going to go quickly!

I have to comment on your avatar photo, those eggs are stunning! Are you getting that colour consistently? Beautiful.

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hello! Thanks for the compliments Smile these are from a few pullets that started laying couple months ago, so far they are staying nice and dark! They do tend to lighten up at the end of their laying cycles and before they moult, a couple of my 2 year old gals eggs are unfortunatly getting lighter, haven't gone back to original darkness, perhaps they only stay nice, dark for. First year+ of laying.... Cheers

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

triplejfarms wrote: a couple of my 2 year old gals eggs are unfortunatly getting lighter, haven't gone back to original darkness, perhaps they only stay nice, dark for. First year+ of laying.... Cheers

That's what I find with my 2 year olds as well. Wonder how common this is or if some continue laying dark eggs into their 2 year and beyond.

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

happychicks wrote:
triplejfarms wrote: a couple of my 2 year old gals eggs are unfortunatly getting lighter, haven't gone back to original darkness, perhaps they only stay nice, dark for. First year+ of laying.... Cheers

That's what I find with my 2 year olds as well. Wonder how common this is or if some continue laying dark eggs into their 2 year and beyond.

I wonder if we added micro nutrients to their feed...I know my oldest mare didn't take in the nutrients the same way she did when she was younger so she needed special specialized feed. I wonder if there something similar we could add to keep marans eggs dark?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum