Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you a tea snob?

+12
SerJay
KendraG
authenticfarm
coopslave
Fowler
silkiebantam
Ruffledfeathers
Schipperkesue
auntieevil
smokyriver
rosewood
uno
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

ChickenTeam

ChickenTeam

I guess I fall into the tea snob category, and like some others, one up it with only using loose teas. My husband likes to contaminate Shocked my tea corner with his boxes of tea, so I use them up on the kids. The smart ones, though, know loose is best. None of us drink coffee, but I did have a one-serving coffee maker and grinder for guests, for which I kept a bag of organic Kicking Horse coffee, but eldest son snitched them all when he moved to Edmonton, as coffee helps his asthma attacks Rolling Eyes . However, as tea snob, it is annoying when guests (very seldom seen here) don't have a clue about the variety among tea. Please, people, expand your knowledge, there is more to the tea life than earl gray, peppermint, and green! Honestly, though, in the distant past, I hated all hot drinks, though I have always liked the smell of coffee. Now, my pathetic pantry only holds instant, for use in recipes and for migraines that just won't go away bounce .

27Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:00 pm

boothcreek

I appearantly have made a heck of a good coffee since I was 5 yrs old(had to be up before mom and make a her a cup of coffee before going to kindergarden/pre-school or there is a lot of yelling and stuff flying around the house), but as much as I love the smell of coffee and make a good cup(according to family and visitors alike) I DO NOT LIKE IT...... I have had water out of muddy puddles on our horse pastures(unwillingly I might add) that tasted better then coffee, no matter how much sugar, cream or who-knows-what is added to it I find it to be absolutley dreadful!
This summer my co-workers tried to get me on the coffee wagon by buying me frozen drinks out of chocolate and coffee, telling me "no there is no coffee in that, its the dark chocolate your tasting" after I spit out the first sip cause of the coffee taste... they think me a fool! Evil or Very Mad

I love my home made original east indian chai tea, soooo good!!!! Got the recipe from an east indian chef they bring in at one of the hotels here once or twice a year. Of course I enjoy my usual Camommile etc too.

If that makes me a Tea Snob, YES I AM A TEA SNOB!!!!!! PROUD OF IT!

We always offer both tea and coffee here. Altho if visitors pick coffee I content myself with a glass of water since the coffee folk will look at you funny across the table when you sip on tea. Whats up with that?

http://www.boothcreekranch.com

28Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Loose Leaf Tea! Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Micah and Kiah

Micah and Kiah

I guess you'd call me a tea snob! Not that gross floor sweepings stuff in tea bags but the real loose leaf tea lovingly steeped. I don't mean to be a snob... drinking tea is kinda a family thing! All my relatives drink tea and have for generations. When we get together there is tea in a big tea pot and milk and sugar on the side.

That's not all though! Along with the tea is always a plate or tri-level plate of treats. Cool Homemade tea biscuits or Scottish oat scones, fresh jams, gingersnaps... you get the idea!

The treats are just so that we have fuel for what my aunt called a good long chin. (A big long session of catching up, story telling and usually teasing)

I use to try to put as much care and effort into providing quality coffee for guests as types of tea but I can't seem to get the balance of water to beans right! Embarassed And salt or no salt? What is that about? Rolling Eyes I can't stand the smell or the taste of coffee so I'd rely on the advice of my friends. I bought beans, ground them fresh and kept a perc around to prepare it. I'd follow their directions as they laughed at me for not knowing how to make a basic cup of coffee.

Then I noticed that fewer and fewer people I know drink coffee but most are willing to try some type of loose leaf tea from my wide selection! I can usually find one they'll love and if they are consumate tea haters then I make hot cocoa, or offer juice!

Learning about poultry, we have very little time to have folks over these days but you know what? Very Happy I think that if we surveyed the chickens. they'd prefer the sweet smell of loose leaf tea in their coop than the bitter stench of coffee study

29Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:57 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oddly enough, my son just showed this to me today.

30Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

There you have it. Pure awesome. Coffee is PURE AWESOME!

(add your own annoying tune)
I am so awesome
I drink the coffee
Because I love it
In early morning
with cream and sugar
and you don't have none
because you're stooopid.

Oops, did I sing that in my outloud voice?

31Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:34 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Tea....coffee...meh! I drink them all out of social convention. I find them both bitter and they need to be creamy and sweet. I drink coffee out of necessity. I managed to make it through my first baby without coffee, but after my second there were no more afternoon naps for mommy. I have a Keurig. It is acceptable.

Now, when you come over to visit and I offer you a beverage, unless it is morning, it is not coffee or tea I am offering. Let's be real here. When I actually have the rare luxury of sitting down and having an adult conversation over a beverage, it needs to be an adult beverage!

No snob here! I have coffee (8 flavours - even decaf), a press, a perkolator, a Keurig, tea pots, tea balls, tea pots with baskets, loose leaf, exotic, or earl grey...I have them all! But who really cares when you can enjoy a nice margarita on a sunny afternoon!

Right now I sit drinking a hot glass of grapefruit juice, water and a little honey.

32Are you a tea snob? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you a tea snob? Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Bowker Acres wrote:Right now I sit drinking a hot glass of grapefruit juice, water and a little honey.

That sounds amazingly yummy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum