Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old poultry catalogues

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old poultry catalogues Empty Old poultry catalogues Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 pm

birish

For my first purchase on e-bay I bought 3 old poultry catalogues.Theoldest is from Greiders 1908,they offered 56 varieties of chickens,4ducks and 2 geese.They sold eggs and mature birds but no day olds,some prices,White Wyandottes,13eggs-$1.75,26 eggs-$3.00,rooster$3.00,pair-$5.00,trio-&7.00.The eggs were shipped in new,light strongly made baskets bought for the purpose.The second is Bergeys,you could buy a roo and 10 hens for$35-$45,they also sold rabbits,12breeds of dogs and ferrets to control your rat problem,this was 1924.The third is a 1927 from Ada hatchery,no price list but what I found fascinating they shipped about a million chicks and had incubators that held 47,000 eggs.I enjoy old magazines and catalogues and these are fun to look through

2Old poultry catalogues Empty Re: Old poultry catalogues Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 am

auntieevil

auntieevil
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My hubby bought me a 1927 poultry magazine and it is so fun to read. The prices aren't much different than today. Rather a surprise really.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum