Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

testing one two

+4
tung koon paak
CynthiaM
Country Thyme Farm
lazyfarmer
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1testing one two Empty testing one two Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

lazyfarmer

Can't get pictures. Need clear instructions.

2testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Click the search button located at the top of this page and type something along the lines of "posting pictures"

You'll find a very helpful post by Hidden River that explains it quite well. It's on the 3rd page.

http://countrythyme.ca

3testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:22 pm

lazyfarmer

Tried the instructions on posting pictures, not with photobucket as I can find nothing on my page that says pb. Tried the other one just got a email that I am now have something else to log into but when I post it doesn't say log in or what to do all it does is ding.

4testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:32 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

What is going on with you is very confusing to me...not sure what you are trying to do, and how to do it. I am going to take you by my side and see if I can explain in the most simple terms, so you and others that too, have problems, can get action happening. I know you want to show us some pictures.

There are image programs other than photobucket that one can use to bring photos here, but photobucket is the most simple I have found. Some people are having trouble using the new photobucket, there is a new style they are using. I am still using the old photobucket, because one day when I logged into my account, I was asked if I wanted to try the new photobucket and I said no.

For a start, you must create an account in photobucket. Go on the internet and type in “photobucket” and create an account.

After you have done that, you need to find the images that you would like put on the internet. Those of course, come from your computer.

Many people download their images straight to photobucket before resizing pictures. I do not know the action that photobucket performs to make the images resized, but I think photobucket will do this automatically for you. Personally I cannot speak to that, as I don’t use their image resize.. I prefer to create folders on my laptop that I place images in that I resize to a specific size in kb before I upload to photobucket. I use a program called VSO image resize, it is free and it is very simple to use. I resize my images to the 680 by 420 size and resize the original picture (this makes a file size below 100 kb). This is my choice. I have not tried to use photobucket using pictures that are the original size. All my pictures are taken in a high resolution, usually about 4 mg, which is a very large file, that is why I resize before uploading to photobucket. What I do know is that images that are below 100 kg are downloaded easily on the internet and dial up clients appear to be OK with this size of file, I think. Again, can’t really speak to that as I am unsure.

So, when you are in the photobucket program, there is a place that says “upload pictures”, there is also a button to look for that says “bulk uploader”. This is a faster way to upload more than one picture. If you are patient, you can upload pictures one at a time using a different button, but the bulk uploader is great and as indicates, can upload many pictures at a time.

The program of photobucket will scan your computer for pictures. You will be provided with the pictures that it recognizes on your computer. The instructions in photobucket are pretty clear. When you have uploaded the pictures they will come up on your account in photobucket. I create folders in photobucket before I upload that are named. If you don’t the photos uploaded will go into a default folder, which is good, but if you have a whack of photos, putting them into appropriately named folders is powerful.

When the pictures are there, put your cursor over an image. Below that image will come four buttons (boxes I’ll call them) with words in them. The button that you are going to put your cursor on will be the last button. When you put the cursor there and click, that information will be copied. This is the url that you will then paste into your post where you want your picture. When you click on that image url box, photobucket automatically copies that information. It shows up as a picture.

I hope this will help you out a little bit. If my instructions seem unclear, ask a question, if I don’t answer it, perhaps another person will for you. Good luck. And have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

5testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:39 pm

tung koon paak

tung koon paak

testing one two Fredsp11

tried the hidden river way in the sticky at the top
went to host an image, found an image i wanted,waited for it to give me the url (http) bottom of the 3 choices
dragged that into the insert image frame viewed it to see wrote these directions now sending to see if it works

6testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:10 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

LazyF, CynthiaM has given very good instructions on how to use photobucket in its OLD format. I would say what you are getting up when you go there is the new format and looks very different to what she is describing.

If you would like to give me a call, I will walk you through it over the phone. I am still becoming familiar with the NEW photobucket, but I think I am proficient enough to get you going. Once you do it a time or two you will wonder why you had the trouble in the first place!!

7testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Did you want to try and post your pictures? I will help you.
1. Join Photobucket click on this--> https://secure-beta.photobucket.com/register

2.testing one two 001

3.testing one two 002640x395

4.testing one two 004-1_zpsc03a7194

5.testing one two 005_zps08c203f3

Last edited by bcboy on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

8testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:02 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lazyfarmer wrote:Can't get pictures. Need clear instructions.
How are things going?
I will help you with picture to post pictures... cheers
Please let us know if you still need help.

9testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:00 pm

lazyfarmer

Let me be clear I only have the skills of a monkey when it comes to computors. Yes computors. I tried option 2 on posting pictures. This is what happened. I clicked on the 15th button, a little box with www.serving.com came up, I clicked on browse, it took me to my pictures. I selected the picture I wanted and it dinged. I clicked on every button all it did was ding, so I exited. Later a email came saying I was set up with www.serving.com and it gave me a log in and password. I tried to go there it said either my log in or password were wrong. It set me up with information it took from this site, I did not ask to be set up.
So I assume now to send pictures I must join something else first, like photobucket. From what I read on this serving they take all my picture and I can acces them. I do not feel comfortable with someone else having acces to all my files. It seem by me just clicking on browse they got into my computor.

10testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:32 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

You will need to open an account with Photobucket to use their "img codes" as shown by bcboy.

11testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

They only have access to the pictures you load into photobucket and I always make mine 'private'. This means only when I post there here they are seen, not just random people on the internet looking at them.

12testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:58 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lazyfarmer wrote:Let me be clear I only have the skills of a monkey when it comes to computors. Yes computors. I tried option 2 on posting pictures. This is what happened. I clicked on the 15th button, a little box with www.serving.com came up, I clicked on browse, it took me to my pictures. I selected the picture I wanted and it dinged. I clicked on every button all it did was ding, so I exited. Later a email came saying I was set up with www.serving.com and it gave me a log in and password. I tried to go there it said either my log in or password were wrong. It set me up with information it took from this site, I did not ask to be set up.
So I assume now to send pictures I must join something else first, like photobucket. From what I read on this serving they take all my picture and I can acces them. I do not feel comfortable with someone else having acces to all my files. It seem by me just clicking on browse they got into my computor.
So you clicked on.
https://secure-beta.photobucket.com/register
to make a photo bucket account?
Have you uploaded a picture yet?
We will go step by step and will succeed. So where are we at?

13testing one two Empty Floyd Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:40 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

testing one two IMG_0097_zps419427ec

14testing one two Empty White Tail Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

testing one two IMG_0084_zps4e6c1244

15testing one two Empty Another Floyd Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:41 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

testing one two IMG_0036_zps64e40888

16testing one two Empty The gang Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:42 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

testing one two IMG_0015_zps18d25ac7

17testing one two Empty Thanks a lot bcboy Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I did it!..thanks for the help, suggestions

18testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:43 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

tung koon paak wrote:testing one two Fredsp11

tried the hidden river way in the sticky at the top
went to host an image, found an image i wanted,waited for it to give me the url (http) bottom of the 3 choices
dragged that into the insert image frame viewed it to see wrote these directions now sending to see if it works

What kind of chicken is this?...very nice looking boy

19testing one two Empty sorry Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good Grief..thought i was posting a picture on my page,...ended up under the testing post...oh well...you get the picture.... Smile

20testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 pm

tung koon paak

tung koon paak

that be a partridge chantecler

21testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:10 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bigrock wrote:Good Grief..thought i was posting a picture on my page,...ended up under the testing post...oh well...you get the picture.... Smile
Looks like you have it down, Thanks for the pictures. testing one two SmileyThumbsUpAnimated

22testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:11 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

bigrock wrote:Good Grief..thought i was posting a picture on my page,...ended up under the testing post...oh well...you get the picture.... Smile

Ha, ha, I wondered about that. Now, BigRock, go and start a new thread, under the "show off" forum and make more pictures for us to see. We love to look at pictures of others' things, go ahead do it, and while you are at it, go into your profile and fill out in the area where you are located. That will show up in your avatar and people will have an idea of your location. It is important when others want to respond to weather, type of things, etc., when they know the location of the individual. Not tellin' ya what to do, but ya, on the other hand, guess I am Laughing have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Glad you are getting the hang of picture showing!!

23testing one two Empty Re: testing one two Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bigrock wrote:testing one two IMG_0084_zps4e6c1244

If you want bigger pieces of grain in your mash ask to use my 1/4 hammer mill screen. Next batch I'm going to ask them "Shane" to run it though the hammer mill with out the screen and see if it cracks whole grains in half. Less grain dust. Would be nice to have a larger screen like 3/8 or 7/16 but 5/16 is the largest they sell or know of. Anyone know where I can purchase a screen of that size?
 Bump
Nice roo, how many Barred Rocks do you have? Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum