Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blue Laced Red Wyandottes In Saskatchewan

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blue Laced Red Wyandottes In Saskatchewan Empty Blue Laced Red Wyandottes In Saskatchewan Mon May 09, 2011 11:54 am

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I will be traveling to Southern Saskatchewan in June by truck and maybe trailer and am looking to get some new blood into my breeding flock. I have beautiful birds from Westcoast farms here on Vancouver Island and also have indirectly been able to purchase some of Heidi's beautiful birds (Chilliwack) from a couple of different sources. Does anyone in Saskatchewan have any BLRWs that do not come from these two sources. I have made the personal decision to not include hatchery stock in my breeding so I know that will narrow down availability for me. I am pretty much game for chicks, hens or eggs. I would prefer not to purchase a rooster as I have some beauties already but never say never! On that note I will also have chicks of various ages that I could bring that way. I will have 1 maybe 2 roosters that are beauties and come from eggs from Gabbards (Arkansas) line. I also will have unsexed chicks that are incubating at this time. If anyone wants to purchase fertilized eggs I could collect for them too. I sell these chicks as they will be directly related to my roos and hens and I use other birds for breeding. I look forward to your responses!

Thanks, Monika

DLC

I have Adult birds BLR wyandottes about 11 months old. You would have to check with Hidden River (Jayme) where they originally came from as I bought the chicks from her. DLC

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Thanks DLC, does that mean that you are selling yours? Jayme are you able to tell me where these birds are from?

Monika

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

My main hens are from McMurray hatchery, so probably not something you wanted. They are awesome birds though and their offspring have matured nicely.
I might be interested in one of your roosters, if you could post some pictures or email them to me. I believe you drive right past my farm on Hwy #1 when you are coming this way.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am going out right now to garden for a bit and will take the camera with me. I would love to meet you Jayme!

Here you go, these cockerels were hatched Dec15th/10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Island Girl on Mon May 09, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures)

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

bump (is this allowed here?) Very Happy

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

So, it looks like there may only be 3 lines of BLRW around? Sad

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It seems that way Briar. Not really sure what to do if other lines are not available. I do have unrelated hens and a rooster as you know. But it feels as though I am hitting a wall with this. What are your plans? Maybe we should sneak some in from another country or something, shhhh don't tell anyone ... scratch

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like that guy looking out the window at the dog.
What are you asking for the roosters? Do you have a vaccination program?

I have found it very hard to source out other lines, that is one reason I have used hatchery stock. I have some very nice hens, good size and shape, but splash in color from the hatchery. I was using a black version of the BLRW rooster in with them this spring and getting gorgeous looking chicks, unfortunately something is up with him now hoping he will get over whatever it is, so have a splash rooster in with them now. All my blue roosters I hatched last year from a lady in BC's eggs all had crooked tails?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum