Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction

+5
cbrookkelly
LynBar Ranch
Hidden River
triplejfarms
Admin
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:46 pm

Admin

Admin

Friday April 22 to Sunday April 24
Sheep, Goats and Caged Birds Sell Friday
Chickens, Waterfowl, small animals, exotics Sell Saturday
Horses, Tack sell Sunday

https://wcps.canadian-forum.com

2Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 am

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Admin wrote:Friday April 22 to Sunday April 24
Sheep, Goats and Caged Birds Sell Friday
Chickens, Waterfowl, small animals, exotics Sell Saturday
Horses, Tack sell Sunday

how do we consign there? is there a website or e-mail adress? thx!

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

3Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

There is no website. It is run by a fellow off site. You show up the day ( I think Friday) and drop off your birds.
It is a huge auction, not sure what time or day you can drop them off, some people last year I think were there Thursday night already dropping off...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:41 pm

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

is this an AB sale??

http://LynBarRanch.com

5Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Heading to Innisfail tomorrow (Thursday)
Going to stay in line overnight to get a few consignments in. Last year We arrived about 10am on the Friday and got into line. Didn't unload until 3pm and completely missed the sheep/goat sale! Won't get caught up there again.
Hope to meet up with some familiar faces cheers
Should be a fun weekend sunny

6Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty How did the auction go? Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:39 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

What were the prices like, what kind of critters, and what deals did anyone find???

7Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:58 am

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

i found the prices pritty high! waterers that go for $7.00 at peavemart went for $15.00! and there was tons of people there, more that i have ever seen there!!

8Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:30 pm

cbrookkelly

cbrookkelly
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Yes prices were back to the high prices of five years and more ago. Some I talked to haven't seen prices like that for at least 5 years. It was very nice if you were selling. Quality was very good for most things and there were the few "dishonest" labelings of breed and sex but it is buyer beware and educate yourself.

I bought 7 feeder lambs...which I thought were amazing prices...$55- $75 per head and weighing from 30lbs to 60 lbs. 5 were woolie breeds which I have no idea of what breed but they are 'beefy' lambs. 2 are twins a ewe lamb and a ram lamb...white Dorper/Katahdin crosses. The ram lamb is intact so I will grow him out some and he could easily beccome my replacement ram (sorry TommyD, you just bumped to second pick!) Sad But new guy has a better build....

We were happy to see many familar faces and even met some new ones. It was great to talk to Vivian, Chicken bandit(Brent), Dan Smith, Piet, Jessie Elger, Ty, Jared, Jackie, Piet, Jeff, and many more. Was worth the trip just to chat and catch up!

Next trip will be Ty's sale May 14!

9Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:30 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I attend many auction and sales not just bird sales but find that most items get more than retail ( except mine ), I had a farm sale last fall, to big and to much to do it the way I usually sell items for so hired an auctioneer friend of mine, a used very dirty HovaBator Egg Incubator sold for 265.00 the one gallon water pails that lay on the side went for 25.00 the tall galvanized hanging feeders that needed repair sold for 40 and 50 dollars.

http://www.popscoops.com

10Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:37 am

TysExotics

Awesome sale. My boxes went insanely high, I only managed to take 80ish boxes to the sale, out of the 150 I had built, so much to do, and so little time. My boxes averaged almost $100/box.

Some of my notable prices:

Peking Ducks - Over $100pr
8 Wk Old Polish chicks (2 per box, usually pairs) $70 - 165/box.
St. Cochin - Various colors (8 wks old, 2 per box) - $100 - 145/box.
Barnyard Cross Rooster - $45
2 Week old Runner and Crested Ducklings (3 per box) $60 - 145/box.

.... if that gives a rough idea.. Here is a reply to the sale I posted elsewhere... I had some.. "Interesting purchases" to say the least... haha.

Had a great time. Took 2 FULL horse trailers of critters.. did very well on everything. Absolutely insane prices on alot of my birds.

I purchased a few items that I was very happy with, and others shook my head, and asked myself " did I buy that for!?" haha.

Sunday. First animal of the day. HUGE 6 year old Yak Bull, beautiful animal. My aunt and I are watching it, she gets up to leave, I say, hmm that would be cool for a couple hundred bucks, she shakes her head and leaves for a half hour.

Comes back... well I then had to tell her I baught it for $300! oh $@%$!!!!!! haah.

I also got a couple pairs of Emus, so did "Grandma Art" , so we load the Yak into the front of 1 trailer, then the emus. Well we loaded the wrong emus (Grandma Art's, and mine - I aid her in her adiction, by delivering everything), so the lady who we needed to trade emus with came, and we got talking, well she purchased the Yak from me in the parking lot! Phew!

Also purchased a bunch of Barbadoes sheep. Went to load them so myself and a worker went to catch them, well the ram came running at me, jumped about 5 feet and smoked me right in the face....pretty much knocked me out for a while lol... Pretty painfull lol.

Anyone farmilliar with a Natureform incubator, holds about 2500 eggs. I purchased one of those, along with an incubator that holds about 1000 - 1200. Anyone looking for some large incubators? haha.

What else.. Cockatiels, Finches, Partridge Chantecler Bantams, SQ White Leghorns (From Rockadoodle - Hally on the group) also Wheaton Dutch Bantams, Lionhead rabbits, Whooper Swan, Pygmy Goats, Peafowl and lots of Pot Belly pigs.

Where the trailers full coming home? Yess....

LONG, TIRING weekend, but really enjoyed it.

http://www.prairieexotics.com

11Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:51 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow Ty that sounds like you had fun. I can only imagine your Aunts face when you told her abot the Yak. LOL

12Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Empty Re: Innisfail Spring Exotic Auction Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:30 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Ty people know by now that your birds are going to be quality, and you always have everything boxed up so great.
I went, so many people I stayed in the building for all of five minutes. I can't hear at those sales anyways, so really can't bid and besides I sure didn't need, want, crave anything. Met up with lots of friends and got my chicks delivered. Love looking at all the boxes and saw some sweet little silver sebrights, one dead in the box, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Was looking for a little buck rabbit for Lizzy Blue Eyes, BUT thank heavens I ran into Jackie and Steve and they convinced me I didn't need a rabbit farm. And besides the prices were very high for bunnies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum