Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

After the clocks have changed you should ....

+6
coopslave
Hillbilly
Schipperkesue
Hidden River
DCChick
chickencrazygirl
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Ok so last weekend the clocks changed ..........well I should say some of them in our house have changed and others have stayed the same ........very comfusing for me.
I look at one clock and I think great I'm doing great for time move to another room and check the time a little later ..............OMG where did the time go Shocked then I have to work out which is right .....
Anyone else done the same thing??

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

It was my first day back to work today after the time change. At one point I looked up at the clock and was shocked to see it was already 2:00. Sadly our classroom clock had not been changed yet Sad

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well we never change our clocks, that helps me stay straight. LOL

I do remember when I lived in Alberta the time change was always a terrible time for me, changing the house clocks was fine, figuring out after 6 months how to change the vehicle clock was another thing...

I remember when my brother was a tow truck driver, he had a pick up at 8 am after the spring ahead time change, he was rudely awakened at 7 am by the customer wondering where he was. He didnt live that down for quite some time with his boss. Smile

I personally dont see the benefit in the time changes, we live our days as the time gets less, do our chores in the dark and don't complain. Not sure how changing the clocks back 1 hour helps with anything? Most people that work 8 till 5 still end up with going to work in the dark and coming home at dusk?

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Personally,Crazygirl, time change adds spice to my life. I went home after a weekend of dog showing to find that my husband thought it was 4:00. When I informed him it was actually 3:00 and we had an extra hour before we had to start to prepare dinner we put that time to good use, if you know what I mean! Nudge,nudge, wink, wink, grin, grin, say no more!

Yes, we went downstairs and spent an hour cleaning the basement!

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

affraid Razz

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I could do without the time changes. Watching all the sleepy drivers out there in the spring causing accidents all day long is infuriating. Statistics prove there is a spike in accidents the day after a time change.

Also, I see more dead animals in the highway after this recent time change due to more vehicles being on the highway suddenly when its dark. The animals have no time to become accustomed
To more idiots on the road. A half hour ago, I saw a coon doing the death rolls, and just around the next bend, a fawn sitting on the side of the road, obviously in shock.

Never have had any effects from the change ? I hear about how hard people have adjusting it seems and I have to think ........It's a hour ? nothing more ! get your PROPER sleep and you should be able to commence as uusual ?

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree, doesn't cause me much trouble except the days seem shorter. But I suppose they are getting shorter every day this time of year anyways. Maybe I just want something to complain about. Wink

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hidden River wrote:I personally dont see the benefit in the time changes, we live our days as the time gets less, do our chores in the dark and don't complain. Not sure how changing the clocks back 1 hour helps with anything? Most people that work 8 till 5 still end up with going to work in the dark and coming home at dusk?

Really has never had much benefit to farmers. But since I work part-time during winters still, I will admit it is kind of nice to get an extra couple weeks of sunrises during morning chores before I go to work.

http://countrythyme.ca

Actually I think that it should be the other way around ! Spring forward in the fall ,and fall back in the spring .I do hate comeing home from work mid winter and haveing only a bit of daylight before it get's dark !

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm usually good but I did get nailed at work this time. I was all ready to leave for home an hour early. Boy, that was a long day.

KlassyChic

KlassyChic

I think it is quite pointless too. One nice thing is that now when the kids head down to catch the bus they are not in the dark. Makes them a little nervous as our driveway is long and we are prone to all kinds of wildlife being just off the Peace River Banks. I find it interesting and a bit comical that they are more nervous to come across a moose then a bear Razz .... kids!!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Personally,Crazygirl, time change adds spice to my life. I went home after a weekend of dog showing to find that my husband thought it was 4:00. When I informed him it was actually 3:00 and we had an extra hour before we had to start to prepare dinner we put that time to good use, if you know what I mean! Nudge,nudge, wink, wink, grin, grin, say no more!

Yes, we went downstairs and spent an hour cleaning the basement!
Never cease to make me smile. What DID you actually do? Embarassed

I love the time change, it only changes me. I do like that I can have the birds all shut down for the night before I begin dinner preparations. And in the dark days I like to eat about 5:30, or even 5:00, so winter is a good time for me for getting my evenings all cozy and warm. I also do like that the mornings are lighter. I am a morning person. I don't really have much use evenings and like to be in bed by 9:00. Having the daylight in the mornings is cool, means my day can get started outside evening earlier. What I don't like is that I know it will continue to become darker and darker during the morning, until December 22, then it goes the other way. That's like me. I said when I hit 60, I would start going the other way. Next year I will be 59 Cool

I only have 2 clocks to change. Those are changes. My car clock is simple, I just push the hour button, it does not differentiate AM or PM, so simple as clockwork. Now my watch. That took about 1/2 hour of figgling and giggling with to remember the right sequence to move that dumb hour part. Blah. But what a conquest when it was done, I felt like I had totally accomplished something that day with my watch. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

[quote="CynthiaMNever cease to make me smile. What DID you actually do? Embarassed [/quote]

Why Cynthia, we cleaned the basement! We cleaned it real good too. Yep, we got every corner. It was satisfyingly orgasmic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum