Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting the Muscovies processed this Thursday

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Coopslave, Fuzzylittlefriend, anyone else? Cindi of course. I will be looking for good homes for these puppies on the weekend please! Please pm me your phone number and some suggestions on when we can meet, and where. It will probably have to be on the weekend as I'm working until 7:30 on Friday evening.

Cheers.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ya, gonna be a big day eh? I'll be there before the crack of dawn to help load those big boys, we'll talk.

The good thing about taking birds to the processor is the government inspectors that give their approval. I think you need to do a little advertising for the muscovy birds. This government inspection allows you to sell the birds, not only privately, but openly, that is a good thing. Need to figure out the price per pound too. You need to recoup some of the cost of raising the ducks, which is a goodly amount. You will figure it out, and I will help too. Yay, grass and bugs galore, purchased food and raised with lots of TLC, what more could make it any better. Nothing. Big day coming forth. Get ready Razz . Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

CynthiaM wrote:You need to recoup some of the cost of raising the ducks, which is a goodly amount. You will figure it out, and I will help too.

Thanks Cindi. I intend to recoup all my cost if I can. Muscovies aren't that commonly for sale, processed and gov't inspected, so I don't think I'll give them away. Wink

And yes I'll need help both catching those bad boys and figuring out their cost. Math is definitely not my strong suit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum