Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sponsor a Breed for the 2012 CHB Poultry Show *All Breeds*

+9
KathyS
k.r.l
heda gobbler
tsamis
Mel
steve
liz
Schipperkesue
Jonny Anvil
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

~Canadian Heritage Breeds 2012 FULL Breed Sponsorship~

CHB is once again proud to host another spectacular show Nov 23-25, and we are looking for breed sponsorship again this year. Like last year we have a variety of the most popular & common breeds available for sponsorship. For each breed there are two available prizes available for sponsorship. The Champion Class & The Reserve Class. If you would like to donate this year and sponsor a breed, please post on this thread or PM myself with your details. Please indicate if you are sponsoring either the champ prize or the reserve prize and for which breed.
Sponsors can choose to not be eligible for award if showing sponsored breed* indicates that Sponsor has chosen not to win award if showing this breed.

We appreciate your support and hope to see some great sponsorships for all of the breeds.

All award money will go to the winner (person) of that breed, prizes will be awarded in cash.

*Note top award for each Champ is set at $50.00 and each Reserve is set at $25.00, once a champ position is sponsored for a breed, we will then allocate award the reserve prize for that breed*
If you are considering sponsoring a breed that is already maxed out for sponsorship, please consider one of the other non sponsored breeds.*

********************************************************************CHICKENS********************************************************************
CHAMPION STANDARD
(Large)CHICKEN
$ 50.00 (Samantha & Bruce Christopher *)

CLASS

AMERICAN

Plymouth Rock
* SEE BELOW *

Wyandotte
Champ$ Reserve$

Rhode Island Red
Champ$ Reserve$

Buckeye
Champ$ 50.00 (Tatlayoko Fold*) Reserve$

Chantecler
Champ$ Reserve$
(Champion $50 for buff $50 for white $50 for partridge) (Chantecler Syndicate*)

JerseyGiant
Champ$ Reserve$

ASIATIC CLASS

Brahmas
Champ$ Reserve$

Cochin
Champ $$ 50.00 Hawthorn Hill Reserve$

ENGLISH

Dorking
Champ $ $50.00 (Poplar Girl) Reserve$

Cornish
Champ$25.00 (Fossil Group) Reserve$

Orpingtons
Champ $50.00 (tsamis) Reserve$

Sussex
Champ $50.00 (tsamis) Reserve$

Australorps
Champ$ Reserve$

MEDITERRANEAN CLASS

Leghorn
Champ$ Reserve$

CONTINENTAL CLASS

Hamburg
Champ$ Reserve$

Barnevelder
Champ$ Reserve$

Welsummer
Champ$25.00 (Steve) Reserve$

Polish
Champ$ Reserve$

Houdan
Champ$ Reserve$

Faverolle
Champ$ Reserve$

ALL OTHER STANDARD BREED CLASS

Modern Game
Champ$ Reserve$

Sumatra

Cubalaya
Champ$ Reserve$

Frizzle
Champ$ Reserve$

Naked neck
Champ$ Reserve$

Araucana
Champ$ Reserve$

Ameraucana
Champ$50.00 (Barry K) Reserve $25.00 (Barry K)

Maran
Champ$ Reserve$

BANTAM

Modern Game
Champ $ 25.00 (Silver Ridge Aviaries) Reserve$

Old English Game

Dutch

Frizzle

Japanese
Champ$ Reserve$

Leghorn
Champ$ Reserve$

Plymouth Rock
Champ$ Reserve$
** SEE BELOW**

Rhode Island Red

Rosecomb
Champ $ 25.00 (Silver Ridge Aviaries) Reserve$

Sebright

Wyandotte
Champ$ Reserve$

Belgian Bearded d'Uccle
Champ $25.00 (K.R.L*) Reserve$

Belgian Bearded d'Anvers

Chantecler
Champ$ 50.00 (Chantecler Syndicate*) Reserve$

Cochin
Champ$ Reserve$

Silkie
Champ$25.00 (Steve) Reserve$

********************************************************************WATERFOWL********************************************************************

DUCK
BEST DUCK

Best Heavy Duck
$50.00 (POAA)

Pekin
Champ$ Reserve$

Aylesbury
Champ$ Reserve$

Rouen
Champ$ Reserve$

Muscovy
Champ $50.00 (Barry K) Reserve $25.00 (K.R.L)

Saxony
Champ$ Reserve$

Silver Appleyard
Champ$25.00 (Country Thyme Farm) Reserve $15.00 (Steve)

Medium:

Best Medium Duck
Champ $ 50.00 (POAA)

Cayuga
Champ$ Reserve$

Crested
Champ$ Reserve$

Swedish
Champ$ Reserve$

Buff
Champ$ Reserve$

Light

Best Light Duck
$50.00 (POAA)

Runner
Champ$ Reserve$

Campbell
Champ$ Reserve$

Magpie
Champ$ Reserve$

Welsh Harlequin
Champ$ Reserve$

BANTAM

Best Bantam Duck
$50.00 (POAA)

Call
Champ$ Reserve$

East Indie
Champ$ Reserve$

Mallard
Champ$ Reserve$

Australian Spotted
Champ$ Reserve$

********************************************************************GEESE********************************************************************

BEST GOOSE

Heavy

Light

********************************************************************TURKEYS********************************************************************

BEST TURKEY

Bronze
Champ Reserve$

Narragansett
Champ Reserve$

Slate
Champ$ Reserve$

Bourbon Red
Champ$ Reserve$

Royal Palm
Champ$ Reserve$

Guinea
Champ$ 50.00 (Tatlayoko Fold*) Reserve$

SPECIAL SPONSORSHIP

Plymouth Rock
Champ$ 50.00 ( Donation made by Alice Sjogren)
In loving Memory of Charlie Sjogren

This Breed has been sponsored, in honour of Mr. Sjogren's passion for White Rocks, Both Bantams and Standard qualify for the award. APA Judge to determine which of the shown varieties is determined to be best of white rocks between both bantams and standard.

We look forwards to another great show!

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 am; edited 18 times in total

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

May I make a suggestion Jonny?

Last year I both donated and won a prize. I guess you could call it even. Anyway, $25 in my hand was a little cold and impersonal. I wanted to know who donated so I could thank them.

This year when you package up the money in an envelope for each breed, put in a small thank you card with the donator's name and address on the thank-you card's envelope That way I can send a thank-you note to the donator.

It is a kind and friendly touch.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Schipperkesue wrote:May I make a suggestion Jonny?

Last year I both donated and won a prize. I guess you could call it even. Anyway, $25 in my hand was a little cold and impersonal. I wanted to know who donated so I could thank them.

This year when you package up the money in an envelope for each breed, put in a small thank you card with the donator's name and address on the thank-you card's envelope That way I can send a thank-you note to the donator.

It is a kind and friendly touch.

I agree, I think that is a great idea as well.
Out of respect for the donator, we will leave that choice up to them as to weather they would like to remain anonymous or not. Anyone who has sponsored is more than welcome to submit a business card or other contact info.

Cheers!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

A big thanks and appreciation to the Chantecler Syndicate for sponsoring the following:

Chantecler
AWARD FOR BEST $50 for buff $50 for white $50 for partridge.

Bantam Chantecler
$50 for best!

The Chantecler Syndicate, has chosen to not be eligible for the award.

liz

liz
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I would like to sponsor Best Guinea for .25 cents and Reserve Guinea for .15cents I believe if we keep it low we won't have Guineas at the show and it will be nice and quiet. Of course if anyone wants to add to the awards for Guinea I will not be held responsible for the entries!

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hahaha,, Very Happy sorry Liz, that can't stop me!! I'm still enterying all 20 of my screaming guineas!!! It will be so load People in northern red deer will able to hear them!!!!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

steve wrote:Hahaha,, Very Happy sorry Liz, that can't stop me!! I'm still enterying all 20 of my screaming guineas!!! It will be so load People in northern red deer will able to hear them!!!!

Where is the like button?

lol

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

You can enter guineas? Cool! I have five. Maybe we can have a guinea screaming contest. I am sure there is a machine out there that will measure decimals.

steve

steve
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

For sure sue!! More guineas the merrier! Maybe CHB will have to hand out ear plugs to every one!! Haha hey Liz maybe that should be the price??

Mel

Silver Ridge Aviaries would like to donate 25.00 to the Bantam Modern Game and 25.00 to the Bantam Rosecomb classes.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Mel wrote:Silver Ridge Aviaries would like to donate 25.00 to the Bantam Modern Game and 25.00 to the Bantam Rosecomb classes.

Thank you very much for your donation I have updated the list, This year we are hoping to fill as many Champ sponsorships first, then reserve.

I would also like to thank Tatlayoko Fold, for their contribution for the Buckeyes!

Keep those sponsorships coming in everyone!

tsamis

tsamis

I would like to sponsor Large Breed Champ - Orpington and Champ - Sussex.
I would like to sponsor Turkeys Champ - Bronze and Champ - Narragansett.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Our latest Sponsorship has been donated by Tsamis.

Thank you for your contributions!

Orpingtons
Champ $50.00 (tsamis)

Sussex
Champ $50.00 (tsamis)

Bronze
Champ $50.00 (tsamis)

Narragansett
Champ $50.00 (tsamis)

There is still time to sponsor a breed!

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Too much joking about guineas and no prizes - I can't take it!

I'll put up $50 for the champion Guinea Fowl. I'll e-mail you Johnny.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

heda gobbler wrote:Too much joking about guineas and no prizes - I can't take it!

I'll put up $50 for the champion Guinea Fowl. I'll e-mail you Johnny.

Sounds good I will Update the List!

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I would like to sponsor Muscovy Duck for $25 and $25 for Belgian Bearded d'Uccle.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, you can put me down for Large Fowl Cochin - $50.00.
Please list me as Hawthorn Hill. Thx.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I will sponsor champ dorking for $50.
Can I add the $50 to my cheque to CHB for show registration fees?

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Kyle, Kathy and Poplar Girl Thank you all for your Support in sponsoring a breed... please let me know if you would like to be excluded from the award money if showing in your sponsored breeds.

Poplar Girl I will PM you with details.

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

*Please exclude me from being able to win d'Uccle's.

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny Anvil wrote:Kyle, Kathy and Poplar Girl Thank you all for your Support in sponsoring a breed... please let me know if you would like to be excluded from the award money if showing in your sponsored breeds.
Is this the generally accepted practice when sponsoring a breed? That is fine with me, I am just wondering where the donated funds go if, for instance Kyle had the Champion Belgian Bearded d'Uccle? Is the money then awarded to another exhibitor, or does it go into general revenue for the club?
I like to support CHB in other ways, such as donating time to help with setup/tear down or donating items for the silent auction. I would just as soon have the money I am donating for the exhibitor award go to a breeder exhibiting their birds if this is possible?

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Good Question Kathy.

The sponsorship award would be past down to the next exhibitor or if Say Kathy S took top 5 places with her Orpingtons then the sponsor (say Kathy S is the Sponsor) has the option to donate the funds to the club if they so wish.

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another option is you can tell them that if you as the sponsor of a breed happens to win that you would like the prize $$ donated to CHB to go towards paying for the show.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Exactly,

If you are showing in your sponsored breed and you win best and reserve, and their is no one else showing in that breed, then you have the option of accepting back the award you sponsored, Or you can also choose to award the winnings to another breeder of your choice, (this would be a choice made on your own) As well there is the option to donate the money to the CHB, but we are not expecting that to be the case... The award money is specifically to go to all the hard working breeders out there.

There is nothing wrong with sponsoring a breed, entering and accepting back the award if your birds places, you can then use that money to continue on rearing birds.

The option is completely yours!

I wouldn't say that it is a generally accepted practice..... to exclude yourself..... The concept behind the breed sponsorships is to help others put a little back into their efforts.

The over all idea of the award money is to support the individual who is showing a breed to encourage them to continue to work with their breeds, it adds a bit of competition as well and hopefully it entices more individuals to participate in showing.

Hope Kyle and I have offered some clarification.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Update:

Thank you to Barry K for his sponsorship of the following breeds!

Muscovy Duck
Champ $50.00

Ameraucana

Champ $50.00 & Reserve $25.00

We are seeing lots of sponsorship coming in, and there is still time to sponsor a breed!

I will be sponsoring a breed last minute to help fill in a spot or two!

Cheers,

Jonny

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum