Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD)

+2
Hidden River
Jonny Anvil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone

Pullets $10.00
Cockerels $3.00

I have for sale a bunch of Bluff & Blaff Orpingtons Pullets and Cockerels, almost an equal amount just have a few more pullets.
No rush for these little one's to go, just wanted to share with others.

Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios  (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD) IMG_2269

Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios  (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD) IMG_2265

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 am; edited 3 times in total

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I sure do love that mix of colors Jonny. I bet they would make some beautiful layers.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I sure do as well.

Here are some pics of a pair of Blaff Orps I got from Marsha Small at the Wetaskiwin sale earlier this summer.... I was so pleased that she offered them to me I think she knew I liked them.
These two are massive healthy birds. Jasper and Alice, these lines are not related to the one's I have up for sale but rather these pics are to show how they can feather out as they get older.

Jasper and Alice are under a year old.

Back side
Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios  (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD) IMG_2283

Front Side
Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios  (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD) IMG_2292

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are so pretty! I also hatched out 5 Bluffs just for fun this year and the colors are gorgeous. Your Alice hen seems to have a hint of lacing on her feathers!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

KathyS wrote:They are so pretty! I also hatched out 5 Bluffs just for fun this year and the colors are gorgeous. Your Alice hen seems to have a hint of lacing on her feathers!

They are gorgeous!
I have been noticing that when breeding Black and Buff Orps, to get the Blaffs, there is a large majority that are coming out with the lacing. I thought it was just with my lines but have noticed that Alice and Jasper from MSmall have the lacing as well. Mind you the lacing in my lines seems to be more dominant?

Here is a pic of one of my Blaffs next to a Bluff

Bluff & Blaff Orpington Pairs/Trios  (Strathcona County, AB) (SOLD) IMG_2299 Not all of them but I have a few that hatched out like this.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Just to clear the air, as I was just asked in a PM

Jasper and Alice are not for Sale....

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh that is for surely eye candy, what a love mix of colours and patterns there. Almost makes ya wanna breed black to buffs, smiling. I can't go there, I only have buffs. But really, I do like those pretty colours and how the birds look, nice to see, and there is nothing wrong with anything like that in my eyes. New colours like what you got going on there look fantastic!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

CynthiaM wrote:Oh that is for surely eye candy, what a love mix of colours and patterns there. Almost makes ya wanna breed black to buffs, smiling. I can't go there, I only have buffs. But really, I do like those pretty colours and how the birds look, nice to see, and there is nothing wrong with anything like that in my eyes. New colours like what you got going on there look fantastic!! Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

Fo me it truly is eye candy as well. More or less I am breeding my Purebred Black and Splash Orp roosters over my older soon to be retired to the No boys allowed section here 3yr old Purebreed Buff Hens.....lol to see what would come of mixing the the colours.

For us it all started out as a mistake when our Blue Orpington Rooster got into our Buff pen, we never knew at first, as he was smart enough to go back to his pen when before we came around.
So we hatched out a bunch of eggs and to our surprise out came some beautiful boys and a few gals that were wonderful looking Bluffs.
Once I realized what had happened I wasn't mad, I was interested. But I didn't really need them at the time so we sold a few of the Bluff Boys to Ty's Exotics, he was happy to give them a new home.
The rest went to auctions.

When I think about it, I feel like I am doing something wrong, but then I also think well not really, I keep my blacks and Blues and splash lines true to their colour, I am not really cross breeding more as I am cross colouring, or colouring outside the lines a bit, with no harm to my Original focused lines.

This past breeding after I focused on my Black and Blue Lines, I decided to mix them up for the last hatch of the year. Most of the chicks are from the Splash roo over the buff hens but there are a few of Luke's Offspring in there as well.

This is merely eye candy, In my opinion they are very nice to look at they have some interesting and pretty markings / coloration but why hold them back for myself.

I'm not here to push the Blaffs and Bluffs, Just offering them to anyone who might be interested in them Very Happy

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

you could :"create "some new colours there jonny and make some serious cash like greenfire farms.... just sayin...LOL like blue lemon orps....

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

cornel

cornel
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

triplejfarms wrote:you could :"create "some new colours there jonny and make some serious cash like greenfire farms.... just sayin...LOL like blue lemon orps....
they charge 999 for a pair of juvinile partridge orps! thats criminal!! with a few black orp hens and a partridge rock male you could have birds that look like theirs in a few years!

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, I don't think you should feel bad about the crossings at all. Some people don't give a hoot nor a hollar about purebreed birds. and let me tell ya, eye candy is something that is just as nice, really and I say this with all honesty. Purebreeds are beautiful too, but so are cross bred birds. Makes for some very interesting barnyard stuff to look at. And keeping within the breed as you are doing, you still get the best of the traits of that breed, just mixup of colours -- which are incredibly wonderful to see. So, don't feel bad, you are doing nothing wrong, in my eyes anyways, and I'm sure many others will agree. So many people just like a nice and pretty laying bird, that you have there. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Thanks!!!

I enjoy this very much.....

On a side note these little buggers are still for sale.

My counts show I have 5 little Cockerels and 9 little Pullets.

Anyone who might be interested, I am selling these cuties off for a very decent price.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I am listing these all as SOLD as I have two wonderful ladies interested in a few pullets each.

Out of consideration for them, I have withheld selling off anymore until these two ladies have selected their birds.

Cheers!

Oh I just LOVE that Blaff colouring... hmmmmmmm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum