Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

15 Apple yard rouen cross ducks Alberta ( Sherwood Park)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I believe they are Apple yard rouen crosses out of Jonnys ducks.
My youngest son hatched out Jonnys eggs and has loved these ducks to the point they were living in his bedroom and having a bath most nights. After a bath he would snuggle up with them in his bed......I know loved to death. They hatched out at the end of May. I have no idea which are males or females.

Any way they have since moved out of his room and in a pen in the field. My son has decided to sell them and let someone else play with them.

We are close to Sherwood park and they are $10.00 each for pets only.
15 Apple yard rouen cross ducks Alberta ( Sherwood Park) P5261954
15 Apple yard rouen cross ducks Alberta ( Sherwood Park) P8062340

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

tsamis

tsamis

Hi ChickenCrazyGirl,
Nice flock he has there.
It is hard to identify the sexes early on, but drakes will 'whisper' instead of quack.
Also, once they develop their feathering, drakes will develop a curl in the tail feathers where ducks stay straight.
Hope that helps.

Also, from the photo, it does look like you have 3 drakes - the ones with the greener bills.
Also, the one with the dark head in the back looks like his curl is starting.

Tim.

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

tsamis wrote:Hi ChickenCrazyGirl,
Nice flock he has there.
It is hard to identify the sexes early on, but drakes will 'whisper' instead of quack.
Also, once they develop their feathering, drakes will develop a curl in the tail feathers where ducks stay straight.
Hope that helps.

Also, from the photo, it does look like you have 3 drakes - the ones with the greener bills.
Also, the one with the dark head in the back looks like his curl is starting.

Tim.
Hi Tim
Thanks so much for the information. Oliver has had so much fun with the ducks. We had one when it hatched it's neck twisted around and Oliver would not give up on Specal duck as it was called. True enough the duckling at 12 weeks SD neck sorted it's self out and he put on weight and now you can not tell him apart from the rest.
Have to have you guys over,it's been a while

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum