Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cochin Splash Cockerels

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Cochin Splash Cockerels Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have 4 nice big splash boys here needing new homes. Your choice $15.00 each.
They are looking very nice so far, with no brassy discoloring showing up. Good feathering on shanks, outer and middle toes and I don't see signs of vulture hock. They were all hatched between March 8 and March 17th.

Cochin Splash Cockerels P1030231

Cochin Splash Cockerels P1030217

Cochin Splash Cockerels P1030218

Thanks!

Last edited by KathyS on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Delivery options changed! No longer travelling to Calgary any time soon, perhaps Red Deer.)

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:22 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh Kathy, they look pretty nice from what I can see. I am going with an average birth date of March 15. That would make them about 15 weeks old and for surely, if any autosomal red (are you proud of me Tara, smiling, think that is what the brassy feather leakage is called) is showing up it would have by now. I have always found in the splash that if that red leakage is going to show up, by week 16, you cannot mistake it. Seen it a few times when I had the original blue rooster and it showed up on the splash roosters, never on any blue or splash hens though, just the ding darn cockerels, they were a good meal for my family, smiling. Splash is such a beautiful and varied colour. I have some very pretty splash girls coming. Oh man, did I ever mention that I am in love with the cochin breed Laughing . Hope you can find nice homes for them, girl. wonderful days, CynthiaM.

3Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:25 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:14 pm

msmall

msmall

Sent you a e-mail

5Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:35 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS, gotta apologize for Tara and me, bad girls, takin' off on your topic like that Laughing Laughing Embarassed (especially you Tara, bad girl Razz ). But hey, we both are kind of always goin' off topic in one way or another Surprised . We both think your cockerels are nice, did you get that idea? Tara I can't comment more, it would too far off topic about something you said, smiling. You'll sell them no problem, beautiful days, CynthiaM.

6Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:46 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

7Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

No worries ladies. I know that posting pictures on this site - even under the 'for sale' heading, is an open invitation for anyone to offer comments. I don't mind at all and appreciate the remarks (especially when the comments are positive - thank you!!) lol!

Sometimes a good discussion can result from people sharing their opinions which is good. Plus its keeping my ad bumped up to the top of the recent posts! Smile

8Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:39 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

HigginsRAT wrote:
Anyway, if we have a heist on the go, better stop it. Being threatened that Cindi might reply to something I've said...so quit while I am a-head (case).
Sorry to terrorize your topic KathyS! Sad
Gonna blame it on the Cochins...a far too tempting a breed not to start up a chatter blatter about. Hope you find awesome homes for these deserving boys.
Tara

Oh by the way, KathyS, bump....
Oh Tara, didn't you know that I was teasing you, I felt some sadness with what you have said. Now on to terrorize Kathy's topic, we got the go ahead, smiling. Such valuable tidbits of information, for her and I and you get some too, smiling. Nope, Tara, I remember you always speaking of how topics have a mind of their own and go off to the wild blue yonder, pack full of good stuff, if the author wants it back on track, all they have to do is refocus the ones that have rambled on down that merry path. You and I do tend to do that thing Very Happy and for now, think we should keep it that way.

Now back to KathyS and her baby splashes, well adolescents for surely at 15 weeks old. Beautiful dudes girl!! I have intention of saving some splash gals for my black dude, sure would like to have all blues one day, smiling that big smile. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

9Cochin Splash Cockerels Empty Re: Cochin Splash Cockerels Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

bounce
I still have a nice splash cockerel left. Can bring to Glen Park sale if anyone is interested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum