Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eprinex for Goats? Dosage?

+2
gubi
Schipperkesue
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I like to switch up my wormers. Keeps those little parasites on their toes. Does anyone use Eprinex- drop on- on their goats? If so, what is the dosage? Thanks!

2Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:06 pm

gubi

I don't think you can use pour on wormers for goats.

3Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have heard of people using ivomec pour on. Eprinex apparently is made for use of dairy cattle so no milk withdrawal.

Anyone have more info?

4Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:41 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not really sure about using it all I have read so far is not to use it
Can your vet get cydectin pour on for you
it is a catle product and one of the best wormers for goats that there is
it is not labled for goats but if he can get it for you I can tell you how to use it as it is oral for goats
Joe

5Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:35 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is it expensive, Joe?

6Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 am

gubi

I was under the impression that the pour on stuff will burn a goat's skin. But I have no personal experience with it. Cydectin is actually cheaper then Eprinex. We have used both with our dairy cows but I think Eprinex works better. It would be a lot easier for me if the pour on stuff would work for the goats too.

7Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:49 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I agree. It is sometimes hard to get that stuff down the throat of a grumpy goat. Does anyone else want to chime in?

Don't make me go to ACE with this, you guys! Very Happy

8Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:46 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

9Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last worming was Fenbendazole and the one before that. Before those two I used Ivomec (Noromectin I think?)

How do people administer their ivomec? I have heard that pour on may leave a bare patch. I also have struggled with giving it by mouth. Goats have very tight lips! Someone (AB Pride?) says she give the goats marshmellows for a few days before then injects the wormer in marshmellow and the goat just swallows it down. Clever girl!

10Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cydectin waas not that expensive from what I remember
It is what most of the big goat breeders and goat Dairy's in the states use as the there has been no resistants built up for it yet
I am going to pm you a Great site (fourm) they have a goat section it is in the states
But there are alot of us Canadians on it
I will also ask on there if anyone has used it and how they did it
Joe

11Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:25 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Schipperkesue wrote:Last worming was Fenbendazole and the one before that. Before those two I used Ivomec (Noromectin I think?)

How do people administer their ivomec? I have heard that pour on may leave a bare patch. I also have struggled with giving it by mouth. Goats have very tight lips! Someone (AB Pride?) says she give the goats marshmellows for a few days before then injects the wormer in marshmellow and the goat just swallows it down. Clever girl!

Ivomec is given oral as it can burn the goats if put on skin

Okay from the web site I sent you maybe this can answer the question LOL

It is a older post so I hope it helps
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/livestock-forums/goats/64618-eprinex.html

12Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:12 pm

chickadee

chickadee

I have been told to use Eprinex pour on because it is safe during pregnancy. My vet ordered it for me Smile Speaking of goats....my nubian kids are due soon!
What did you decide on Sue?

13Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I used Eprinex as per the fiasco farm instructions. They did not die.

14Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:26 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't know, but I have some eprinex that I won't be using, wish I could get it to you Sue. Also, I have a bottle of valbazen that I purchased for worming my chickens for tapeworm, which I never used. It has an expiry of November 2011, is that no good no more? Does the expiration really mean a whole lot, or is it just a "joke" to make you buy more, more frequently. Anyone know that? Sue, I could GIVE you that bottle of valbazen (cost me $100 for the litre), but how could I get it to you....does expiration mean a whole lot, or not??? Speak to me Cool Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

15Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:03 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cynthia, that would be fabulous! I really like to switch up my wormers and this would certainly help!

Do you know I will probably be stopping on a trip home from a dog show in Revelstoke some time late on August 19?

I wonder?.....

16Eprinex for Goats?  Dosage? Empty Re: Eprinex for Goats? Dosage? Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:59 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sue we'll talk, Revelstoke is about 1 hour northeast of me,if you are there, I would be willing to drive up to bring you some product (and maybe a cockerel too Shocked ) have a great day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum