Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amprol and such...where to buy?

+2
Dan Smith
Keibler77
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 am

Keibler77

Keibler77

Good evening everyone....I hope all is well with you and yours Very Happy . I just have a quick question...merely for the purpose of...shall we say...education and advance preparation? I have been learning so very much over these past few months from all of you wonderful poultry paragons, however, I recently read another posting about the use of Amprol for treating cocci. Now...I currently do not require this drug...thanks to goodness...and hopefully never will (should I be so lucky? lol) but I thought I should ask my fellow Saskatchewanians where on earth I would by such things here on the prairies. I live between Saskatoon and Regina and travel often to both cities so can one buy such things as Amprol and Tetracyline at either one? Or is this something I would have to order online or from a vet? I would absolutely hate to ever have a need for these things immediately and then have to wait to have it shipped out. So maybe I have to order it and always have it on hand? Not sure. Anyway...any thoughts/advice/suggestions are quite appreciated and I value your input! If there are any other medications, vitamins, minerals etc. that I should always have on hand please go ahead and throw some of those ideas my way as well. I love reading all of the new posts on here every day and shall continue to do so. Thanks in advance and everyone have a most fabulous evening!

Thank You

2Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Re: Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 am

Dan Smith

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Here in Alberta I buy Amprol at the Coop Feed store by the gallon. It is 117.00 plus tax and I believe in having it on hand for the reason that you said.

3Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Re: Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:01 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

There might be some available at Cowtown in Regina, but I had to order mine in through my vet. Cost me a bit more because of vet mark up, but I think it was $130/gallon. It lasts a very long time because you do not use much, just keep it in a cool dark place and it will keep well for you.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Re: Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:11 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have ordered both products from my local vet. They are not a poultry vet but have access to those products.

5Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Re: Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:58 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The local Co-op feed store in town here will order whatever I need. They get there stock from Kane Vet Supply. I just ordered some Tylan today, along with a few other things. They have a small amount of stuff on hand, but most of the things I need, I have to order. Your best bet is to make some friends at your local feed store and they will help you out. I always found a batch of warm Chocolate chip cookies never hurt. I seem to be there a couple times a week for something. The prices are a little lower than ordering through the vet.

6Amprol and such...where to buy? Empty Re: Amprol and such...where to buy? Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:49 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Northstar Doves carries a huge selection of poultry medications and most are available in small quantities. I was really glad I had picked up a pouch of MedPet 4 in 1 last February prior to hatching season - just to have on hand. It is an effective treatment for coccidiosis, so I was really glad I had picked it up 'just in case'. Ive never in past years had a chick get sick with cocci, so I wouldn't normally have anything on hand. I ended up only losing 1 chick which was looking so poor I felt I had to put it down. The others all bounced right back after the treatment.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum