Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Miniature Jerseys in Canada?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Empty Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 pm

chickadee

chickadee

Hi,
I have been searching the internet like crazy looking for a miniature jersey breeder in Canada!! There has to be someone. There are lots in the states but I don't want to bother with importing. It sounds like a headache. I'm even open to a mid-size!
Would love to hear what there is! We would like one for 2013, or possibly this summer too!
Thank you Smile
Chickadee

2Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Empty Re: Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good luck in your search Chickadee I have been searching for years. I am the same, too scared of the importing thing, but it can be done. A friend of mine just imported Zebu's so mini jerseys can be done too.
If you ever get a line on some I would sure like to know.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Empty Re: Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:11 am

chickadee

chickadee

Wow, maybe that can be a new mission for me! The only problem with that is I'd want to bring two heifer calves and that ,might cost up to $6000 to $8000 Shocked I would just import semen from other lines.
Do you have any ideas why nobody has taken the initiative to start a herd up here? Seems like they'd sell really well. One farm in the states has a waiting list for 2014 already!!
I think us Canadians like milk and little cows as much as the states do! lol
Do you know where to start looking for importing?

Chickadee

4Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Empty Re: Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You could contact these people, ask if they know of anyone in Canada or what the process might be for importing them to Canada

American Miniature Jersey Association and Registry LLC, Registrar, Maureen Neidhardt at 308-665-1431 or e-mail to rarebreed@bbc.net
or
American Miniature Jersey Association and Registry LLC, Founder, Fonnie Thoman at 740- 256-1724 or e-mail to belfair@zoomnet.net

5Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Empty Re: Miniature Jerseys in Canada? Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Another great site is INTERNATIONAL MINIATURE CATTLE
http://www.minicattle.com

You could always make them yourself like they did
Take a real small mini Dexter and breed to a small Jersey and go on from there
on the site there is informaton on breeding to get Mini's

There is a Guy named Garnet Gallant
in Nova Scotia that has some Mini breeds if you can get a hold of him maybe he could help

Last edited by appway on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum