Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost and found in a day :0)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lost and found in a day :0) Empty Lost and found in a day :0) Sun May 06, 2012 5:40 pm

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Well I have my turkey poults ranging in ages from 1 week to 3 weeks old in a pen with my one week old chicks. I had a few turkeys get out , but they stay close by or if you go peep peep they come out.
Well yesterday I counted and there was only 6 not 7 turkey poults so I checked around mind have to say they are in my furnace room and it is our ownly place to store stuff so you can emagine the state of things LOL
Any way I could not find it and it was a 3 week old one and so still need heat.
I after a big search I got my husband and youngest son to help .........still no luck and I had decided all we were going to find was a dead turkey poult some time later when I was cleaning up the place.
At night time I was expecting another hatch so was checking the incubator in the furnace room. I could hear a peep peep.
Sounded like is was by the incubator but wait it sounded like it was in the chest freezer.
Yes it was in the chest freezer but where the motor was there was a space 8x8 inches or so and the turkey had gone in to the motor section where it was warm . Out popped the turkey and on went a top to the pen so no more could get out. I have been having great luck with the turkey hatching so far every egg fertile and hatching. So did not want to loose one throw it getting out.
So there you go lost and found in a day

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum