Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you feed your goat?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What do you feed your goat? Empty What do you feed your goat? Thu May 03, 2012 7:02 am

DCChick

DCChick
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have done a bunch of reading and have differing opinions, so I thought I'd ask actual people now. What do you feed nursing does? How much? What do you give the kids? Other tips would also be appreciated. My goats arrive Sunday!

2What do you feed your goat? Empty Re: What do you feed your goat? Thu May 03, 2012 8:01 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

When we had the goat she got hay in the winter (alfalfa) and a bit of oats in the summer she would free range in our yard do had access to all the grass she wanted and the haystack if she wanted that. She would also get the odd veggie treat when the garden was producing. She also always had access to the cattle salt which was a variety of loose salt and salt blocks consisting of blue blocks and the mineral blocks

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

3What do you feed your goat? Empty Re: What do you feed your goat? Thu May 03, 2012 8:02 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have been giving free choice of fresh water, good hay, alfalfa cubes, dairy goat ration, grass, cobalt salt block and beef mineral with selenium. I need to add a goat block this weekend. The little ones nibble here and there. Mom took a sudden skinny turn so I wormed as well. I may add dome rabbit pellets.

I read that you should intoduce everything you plan to feed to the young 'uns as soon as possible to expose them to all possible foods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum