Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows Empty Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I was so impressed with the HY I saw at Dr. Crawford's when I was at his place! They are a beautiful chicken. He was saying he is not sure he will be breeding g them this year ( he is getti g on in years) and I really think I should bring some home. Trouble is I have my Euskal Oiloak to concentrate on. I have my marradunna, gorria and the beginnings of Zilarra ( all colours of EOs). I don't know if I can do another breed , but how can I not??

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just do it Susan. Smile Follow your heart and more will be revealed.

3Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows Empty Re Hungerian Yellows Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm

chanta

New Here

Hi Susan,I really think you should get Dr Roys birds !!! Can I be the first to book a couple dozen fertile eggs from you?? Our first batch were not fertile ,but have another batch ready to go in,so am really hoping!!!!Have wondered several times how your visit with him went,and a good reminder to ask.Its just another pen or two!!!!!!! Come on!!! Cal

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yes, just another pen, on top of of the 7 others And yet I feel compelled to do it. I would hate to see them disappear

5Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows Empty Re: Thinking of getting Hungarian Yellows Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Chanta if I get them, I" ll write you down for eggs!

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

You know you don't want this rare breed to disappear! Do your part in preservation!!! LOL Laughing

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Mine are awesome, must warn you the hens can fly, that's why i only have one chick! She keeps getting out of the danged pen!!!

I am gonnna fix that!

But Yes great breed, non the less prepare for a journey and a half!! But please please please do not over sell!!! I am not gonna be selling anyyyy of them any time soon! ( IE, you know within 5 years) One thing i have with people is buying rare breeds and not breeding towards anything and just selling birds or eggs (advoid that untill you have a good number of hens) the laying on mine is OK not the best. They lay a small egg about 52g or so.

They well not disaper, trust me on that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am keeping these birds no matter what.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum