Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What colour Silkie is this?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What colour Silkie is this? Empty What colour Silkie is this? Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 am

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

This little sweetheart hatched on Monday during a power outage. I have three pure white Silkies - 2 hens, 1 roo. The Silkies are in a coop with other breeds as well, some standard, some bantam. I thought this was going to be a SIlkie cross but it still looks pure Silkie. Any idea what to call this colour? Dun? Would a Silkie cross hatch looking like a Silkie and then develop the characteristics of the other breed? One of my Silkie hens has adopted it and the little white one that hatched too!

What colour Silkie is this? IMG_7801

2What colour Silkie is this? Empty Re: What colour Silkie is this? Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 am

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think it might mature to white. Last spring I hatched one like that for a friend (white parents). It turned white as it matured?

What colour Silkie is this? Chicke11

3What colour Silkie is this? Empty Re: What colour Silkie is this? Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:25 am

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I also have one which is similar coloring. Mine likes almost silver!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4What colour Silkie is this? Empty Re: What colour Silkie is this? Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:34 pm

harrop'shens

harrop'shens

Here are some other picks of it. It is getting more gold highlights. I am wondering if my Speckled Sussex rooster and my Silkie hen had a fling. Shocked

What colour Silkie is this? IMG_7805

In this one you can see the little yellow one that will grow into a white Silkie and then the contrast with the dark one. Fluffy adopted these two chicks. She's such a great Mom!

What colour Silkie is this? IMG_7820

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum