Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves near Saskatoon ??

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had the biggest coyote in the yard today I have ever seen. The dogs went after him but came back okay. My neighbor and her husband saw him too and think it is a wolf. Do we have them here??

2Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I seen one with Frank when we went hunting up in Meadow lake about half way there from Saskatoon, real forest and wolf country. They can wander off that far, so it is possible and I know of some straight west of Saskaboom, but still in SK. Somewhere in those hilly and bushy spots. Can't remember the name of the area, but they are there.

Piet

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

3Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:02 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes Susan there have been Wolves in and around Saskatoon

http://www.popscoops.com

4Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Wolves were there long before coyotes .If you have deer /moose/and any other large game animals you will have them .And if it's anything like out here then they are multiplying rapidly because no one is trapping them anymore .They have moved closer to people in the last few years .

5Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well yes there are lots of deer and we are only about a mile from the river so moose and probably bobcat and cougar too. Piet, maybe you and Frank need to stop by for a visit.

6Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Piet

Piet
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Susan wrote:Well yes there are lots of deer and we are only about a mile from the river so moose and probably bobcat and cougar too. Piet, maybe you and Frank need to stop by for a visit.
. I am certainly due for a visit to frank and then we will stop in for sure. I promised to bring him some dutch bantams and he has a new mare he wants me to try out. Looking forward to it in the summer.

http://pvgflemishgiants.tripod.com/

7Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Let me know when you are in town! Miss Frank and would love to meet you Piet!

8Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Empty Re: Wolves near Saskatoon ?? Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:47 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Here in NS our coyotes have crossed with wolves, so the experts say. They are generally larger and seem to be more aggressive than a regular coyote. I met one in the woods one day a few years ago when I was out for a walk and he/she came up to within probably 20-30 ft of where I was walking on the woods road. He/she had been chasing something and was panting hard. There was a swamp next to the road on which I was walking and it jumped in and was splashing around. At first I just thought it was a dog until I got a good look at it. When in spotted me, the thing barked aggressively. I sure was scared but didn't dare run so I just kept walking and praying. Fortunately it didn't follow but it was the last walk in the woods I've taken. I used to walk all the time back that road. Apparently they are so used to human smells that it didn't intimidate it to smell a human close by. Now I leave the woods to the coyotes but some nights they get howling so close to our place that I'm sure I could see them if it weren't for the trees. Never saw one out in the field yet, thankfully, but then we keep big german shepherd dogs so that probably keeps them at bay some.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum